Hybrid Scrappers - Best Adhesive to Use?

This probably sounds like a dumb question - but I've been doing digital for so long that I'm out of the loop on what the best adhesive products are for paper crafting. Specifically, what should I be using to adhere papers/mats down to my background papers? I recently did a real paper album for a cousin's funeral service and used an acid-free glue stick meant for scrapbooking, but I have no confidence that what I stuck down will stay. 

I want to go ahead and get my family's heritage photos organized and in albums. I have acid-free photo corners, but for mats and other items there has to be something better than glue sticks. Years ago it seems like I used something like a tape gun, but it was awkward and expensive to boot. Advice?

Hi Brenda, like you I’ve used glue sticks at times but I’m not sure how they will hold up.    I’ve also used rubber cement but now I think of it I’m not sure if it’s acid free. I’ve never used a glue runner;  my Mom used the paper double side photo stickers, I’ve noticed a few of those have dried out.   
So, I’m sorry I haven’t been of much help;  hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along.

Brenda, for my card making  I  use double sided tape for cardstock and papers. The tape is acid free. I do not buy the small rolls as they work out too expensive. 

I use Glossy Accents ( a glue ) for sequin and some other embellishments. 

Hi Brenda,

I use Scor-Tape for my non-liquid adhesive and Art Glitter Glue for my liquid adhesive.  The only drawback on the Art Glitter Glue is that if it is shipped in too cold of weather it will freeze and be unusable.  I stock up in the summer months so I have enough to last through out the winter months.  It works great tho, once it's glued down it doesn't come up.  Undu will not even remove it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, gABI said:

Score Tape is my top choice. I recommend it. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.

Love your siggie line...whether they want scrapbooks or not!!!

• 6 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 12:50 PM, gABI said:

Score Tape is my top choice. I recommend it. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.

Love that line.... yup that’s why I scrap. For posterity.