March Layout Madness 2019

ValerieT

:wobbly-eyes: Oh no! March Layout Madness is back! :wobbly-eyes:

This month's Scrap Girls Forum game, March Layout Madness, is designed to help you get more scrapbook pages done with a series of simple steps that add up to a finished page at the end of each week.  But watch out, some of the tasks may be trickier or down right crazy :newangel:!  When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

Throughout March, Monday through Saturday a Welcoming Committee member will post a daily layout step in the game thread. 

• Layout one will have eight steps
  • Layouts two, three and four will have six steps each

Prizes:

• Members who complete and post all 4 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.
  • Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on March 31st 2019 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can post your daily progress if you wish, but this is not a requirement.

Here is how to post your "progress" in this game thread.
  • Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by Carla How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

So why not join us for a month of fun and madness?  :bouncing-frog:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Hmm.... I'm a little suspicious of that angel emoji in your intro, Valerie. ;) But sign me up anyway! I'll be back later with some paper choices.

Dead give away???  LOL

Here is mine so far. I am using a template and my third paper is clipped to some circle shapes on top of the triangle paper. Not sure if you can see them in this little preview.

2005-11_300.jpg

I have a question because I am new to the monthly challenge… I have participated in the recipe and ATC swaps but not the monthly challenge Chase, monthly challenge or this layout challenge. Can the layouts from this challenge be used as one of the requirements for the monthly challenge Chase? Thank you so much for your time in answering my question. Have a great day!

7 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

I have a question because I am new to the monthly challenge… I have participated in the recipe and ATC swaps but not the monthly challenge Chase, monthly challenge or this layout challenge. Can the layouts from this challenge be used as one of the requirements for the monthly challenge Chase? Thank you so much for your time in answering my question. Have a great day!

Hi Linda, glad you are joining in, I’ve loved all you’ve created.  :) 
No, for the Challenge Chase you need to complete 6 layouts a month at any time of the month; any combination of 6 Challenges counts, but the layouts for this monthly game don’t as there’s normally a separate prize for that.  
For the 6 Challenge Chase layouts you can choose from the Tuesday and Weekend Challenges each week or any/all of the 4 March “Monthly Challenges”  posted by Andrea this month HERE.  And there's no deadlines - you can do all on the first or all on the last day! 

Hi Marilyn, are you getting ready for more snow? I don't know about you but I am so over it! I am so looking forward to spring… Even the birds that visit my feeders are like "what the heck"
Thank you so much for the clarification on the requirements for the Monthly Challenges and your kind comments regarding my layouts. I've been told my layouts are simplistic but that's okay… I am a work in progress LOL! Still learning how to be able to move around PSE using a mouthstick to hit one key at a time.
Thanks again and have a great day!

4 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Hi Marilyn, are you getting ready for more snow? I don't know about you but I am so over it! I am so looking forward to spring… Even the birds that visit my feeders are like "what the heck"
Thank you so much for the clarification on the requirements for the Monthly Challenges and your kind comments regarding my layouts. I've been told my layouts are simplistic but that's okay… I am a work in progress LOL! Still learning how to be able to move around PSE using a mouthstick to hit one key at a time.
Thanks again and have a great day!

Hi Linda!  It’s already started here; misty rain, now turned to small but sure flakes that are getting bigger and faster by the moment, sigh.....  
Me too!  I am so longing for summer, my birds too were fussing at the feeder yesterday and I thought they were complaining about the weather!

Thank you, I really enjoy looking at and commenting on layouts.   I don’t think of yours as simplistic at all;  actually I’m not at all fond or a fan of the current SB trend of throwing so many embellishments and flowers on a layout that the photos get overshadowed.  For me simplistic works and often is very elegant, but the most important part is that you are happy and pleased with what you created.  
And, I have trouble with PSE and my fingers and brain, I’m in awe of all you do to create.    Keep it up, you’re doing great!  :) 

1 hour ago, scrapgran said:

We are still sweltering over here although there was a bit of a cool change with temperatures dropping to 29C. We have had a few showers of rain but this has just made it very humid. 

It seems with the weather lately you can’t win, not that I’d try.   Extremes at both ends!   I woke up the other night and by accident was looking at the Adelaide Australia temp and it was 102º!   Amazing and here we are in snow and frigid temps! 

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

It seems with the weather lately you can’t win, not that I’d try.   Extremes at both ends!   I woke up the other night and by accident was looking at the Adelaide Australia temp and it was 102º!   Amazing and here we are in snow and frigid temps! 

Yes Marilyn, Adelaide has had some extreme temperatures over the weekend - 42C on Saturday. The poor race car drivers were experiencing 60C heat in their cars.