March Layout Madness 2019

ValerieT

Yay! I can use the bird photo I'd been planning to use in Week 1. I'm making it black and white so I can use the papers I already picked. WooHoo! So far so good. Also I'm using CWX Good Mood template to help with the papers. I can tell this is going to be an easy week! :) Yup, easy. :D 

MM LO 2 one photo.jpg

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

777387786_SG_Alteredphoto.jpg.9d9f3659f4d3adb7c6a7c3b0ecdf00be.jpg

I duplicated the photo and blended one copy into my BG then lightened the top photo and clipped it to a frame.

Love what you did with the photo!!  (and the background is awesome too!)

I hope it's not too late to join in...I just found this challenge yesterday and thought it would be a good way to keep me moving on all of my vacation photos that I'm sooooo behind on.  Here is LO #1 - Anchorage                    

Dumb question...is it OK to do more than the required or do we have to stick to the exact number, i.e. I have 5 embellishments instead of 4?

5 hours ago, Silly said:

Dumb question...is it OK to do more than the required or do we have to stick to the exact number, i.e. I have 5 embellishments instead of 4?

Its not to late to join in and so glad to have you join us :) If it says 4 embellishments then to use 4 but on the last task it usually says 'add any finishing touches' so you can add extra embellishments then :) 

12 hours ago, Silly said:

I agree with what Jane said, I rely pretty heavily on that very last task for these slow scrap layouts, where it usually will say add any finishing touches.  I follow the tasks pretty well up to the last, and then if I think my layout really needs something more, I'll add it the last day.  Also, it's NEVER too late to jump in!  I'm usually behind on my layouts for these, even by a week or two.  If you want to be in the running for a prize, you just have to upload all the layouts by the end of the month!

Awww, Diane, Laraine, Jane... these are the LO's I can see posted just on this page, and all of your layouts are beautiful so far.  I'm wondering which papers you will choose to pull out? 

Yikes, once I get caught up, hopefully this evening, I will follow all the steps and post thumbnails.  Even though I now know the twist in the plot, I'll follow the tasks!

12 hours ago, Silly said:

This isn't a dumb question!!  This type of challenge is more literal and specific.  So, if it says 4 embellishments, use only 4.  (although I will copy an embellishment and use it multiple times and only count it as 1 ?)  However, if it calls for 6 papers, you can use paper templates or layout templates (for blending/layering) even though it doesn't say to use them or not to.  With this said, there is no SG Police ? so, in the end, it's up for your interpretation.  Have fun and enjoy!! 

37 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

OK... don't shoot the messenger please.  Here is your task for today:

Task for March 14th:

Remove two papers from your layout.

:happy014:  (Dodging tomatoes...)

*throws tomatoes* ???

After we worked SO HARD to pick SIX papers you take some away????  HMMMMM.   I was gone on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I will catch up tonight.  Add four embellishments, take away two papers.

1 minute ago, Florida granny said:

... borrowing tomatoes from Conda and throwing them at Mikelle ??? . OK, I feel better now. :D 

I will now look at my Carefully (VERY Carefully) Constructed layout and see which paper to eliminate.

Yes, Diane, I see how very carefully you chose and arranged EACH and EVERY one of those SIX papers.  

6 hours ago, SodScrap said:

This isn't a dumb question!!  This type of challenge is more literal and specific.  So, if it says 4 embellishments, use only 4.  (although I will copy an embellishment and use it multiple times and only count it as 1 ?)  However, if it calls for 6 papers, you can use paper templates or layout templates (for blending/layering) even though it doesn't say to use them or not to.  With this said, there is no SG Police ? so, in the end, it's up for your interpretation.  Have fun and enjoy!! 

Thanks Conda!

Ok, I think I got it - here is mine so far with 2 less papers and 1 less embellishment.  If I read your responses correctly, the extras are actually hidden just waiting for my  "finishing touches" if needed.  

MendenhallGlacier_edited-1.jpg.f59f3980077a83406a3944cb02e23155.jpg

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

Tomatoes are NOT authorized as part of my uniform!  I am absolutely hiding!

I expected a challenge and some fun, but a food fight too...Yipee!

8 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Yes, Diane, I see how very carefully you chose and arranged EACH and EVERY one of those SIX papers.  

Yup, at least you, Conda, understand. Sigh. :D 
Meanwhile, I see Silly has joined in the food fight. Mikelle, you'd better protect that uniform!

1 hour ago, Silly said:

I expected a challenge and some fun, but a food fight too...Yipee!

18 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Yup, at least you, Conda, understand. Sigh. :D 
Meanwhile, I see Silly has joined in the food fight. Mikelle, you'd better protect that uniform!

Well.  In our defense, Mikelle DID suggest the tomatoes.  

Archived