March Layout Madness 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thanks: so much Mikelle for your help with my questions during my layout.

Now you want me to take 2 papers away after finding 6 for layout 2...I can't throw anymore so I'm pulling a cart filled with tomatoes around to my fellow scrappers!

A cart, Linda? Oh... good idea! :D 

Meanwhile, I took two papers away and (I'm afraid to say this) I think I like the page without the extra papers! I had to change out one of the embellishments to make it look better. I swapped the tag for a gold circle from BMU Verde.

MM LO 2 less two papers.jpg

9 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Now you want me to take 2 papers away after finding 6 for layout 2...I can't throw anymore so I'm pulling a cart filled with tomatoes around to my fellow scrappers!

Teamwork at it's best!  

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Meanwhile, I took two papers away and (I'm afraid to say this) I think I like the page without the extra papers! I had to change out one of the embellishments to make it look better. I swapped the tag for a gold circle from BMU Verde.

I thought your layout looked great before, but I really like this new edition as well!

12 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Ha ha!!  I'm sure they appreciate all the tomatoes you've provided - I'm enjoying ducking and dodging all the splattered tomatoes!

4 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Diane, I agree with Conda, I think this layout is beautiful!  You could frame it, as is!

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

Having fun again :) ... I used alphas from SNU Stories We Tell and BMU Shabby Bakery (one of my all-time favs)

MM LO 2 title.jpg

Simply beautiful!

On 3/14/2019 at 11:01 AM, Mikelle said:

OK... don't shoot the messenger please.  Here is your task for today:

Task for March 14th:

Remove two papers from your layout.

:happy014:  (Dodging tomatoes...)

Are you kidding???? you may have to dodge eggs too.

2 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Don't worry Debby I've got your back… Rounding up the chickens :dancingchicken2::dancingchicken2:with my wheelchair as we speak... You'll have all the eggs you need! 

A bigger couch may not save you this time....??????

The eggs sting a bit, ouch!  Maybe you could soft boil them next time?  ?

Here is your task for March 16th:

Add some journaling and any finishing touches.  Upload your finished layout to the Slow Scrap Gallery.

Hope you enjoyed this week, see you guys back here next week!

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

The eggs sting a bit, ouch!  Maybe you could soft boil them next time?  ?

Here is your task for March 16th:

Add some journaling and any finishing touches.  Upload your finished layout to the Slow Scrap Gallery.

Hope you enjoyed this week, see you guys back here next week!

On 3/15/2019 at 11:51 AM, Mikelle said:

OK, no more tomatoes!  We're back on track with "relatively normal"... (does that state of being exist?)

Task for March 15th:

Create a title using two different alphas.

I don't often use alphas.  TWO??  Ooookayyyyy.  (Guess I wasn't online yesterday and missed this)

Journaling.  Finishing touches.  Got it.  Be back later.

During the finishing up I ended up changing some of the embellies.  I also realized that I misunderstood the two alphas and used two fonts instead, hope that's OK, as I don't have a very big stash of alphas yet. Here's my finished LO - Mendenhall Glacier

1 hour ago, Silly said:

During the finishing up I ended up changing some of the embellies.  I also realized that I misunderstood the two alphas and used two fonts instead, hope that's OK, as I don't have a very big stash of alphas yet. Here's my finished LO - Mendenhall Glacier

It's fine - the important thing is you've got a finished layout and you attempted the tasks!  I'll go check out your layout, I love glaciers.

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

I don't often use alphas.  TWO??  Ooookayyyyy.  (Guess I wasn't online yesterday and missed this)

Journaling.  Finishing touches.  Got it.  Be back later.

Ha, I figured some of us might find the two alpha task a little challenging!  I know not everyone uses alphas often.  I have grown to like them over the years... but I haven't even started a layout for this week yet, yikes!

Well thank you Mikelle for the fun challenge and I decided to save the eggs for breakfast tomorrow. I managed to balance all the twists and turns this week. It was a great week

Here is my slow scrap page.

I'm finally starting this week's layout - probably won't get done tonight, but I'll start posting the thumbnails!  Here's the first, six papers:  AMC_HipHop_Paper6; PJO_WildSafari_paper-black; AMD_HipHop_Paper7; GWH_FamilyTies_Paper_Black-Floral; DEB_Character_Paper_BrownDamask; AMD_HipHop_Paper3; 

MM2019_LO2_thumb.jpg

And then I decided on a photo, although I'm not sure where this will end up.  I altered it with ASO_SS_Tools_DreamyCanvas_6401_9

MM2019_LO2_thumb.jpg

In order to use all these papers, I decided to use a lot of torn paper templates.  I'm wondering if I should have gone with a blended template, though.  This is hard!  Here it is with 4 embellishments:

MM2019_LO2_thumb.jpg

Whew, I'm actually glad we pulled two papers out, I like this better!  Although I did like how the 6 papers look together, I just couldn't find a good way of combining them.  

MM2019_LO2_thumb.jpg

Title with two alphas...

MM2019_LO2_thumb.jpg

Archived