March Challenge Chase

April Showers

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Celestine said:

I've never done a Scrapgirls Challenge, so now seems like a good time to try one. Here is my entry - Gowns Galore.

I’m glad you did!  Your page is lovely and it looks like you’ve been doing it for years.  :)   Thanks for posting for us all to see. 

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

I’m glad you did!  Your page is lovely and it looks like you’ve been doing it for years.  :)   Thanks for posting for us all to see. 

Thanks, MariJ. I have done scrapbooking on Shutterfly and Mixbook platforms for years, but in September 2018 I ventured into full-fledged digital scrapbooking, with purchase of papers and elements from digi-scrap stores and the utilization of software more conducive to customizing pages. It has been a fun and interesting adventure.

14 hours ago, April Showers said:

I have the Challenge Chase Tracker up. Please check it to make sure I have your name and layouts so far. I went through the thread as I filled it in, so I'm hoping it is right.

Hi April. I am the new one to SG challenges and seem to be messing everything up! My first layout posted was Gowns Galore, and I posted it in the Weddings Gallery and provided the link. I didn't realize at the time I had to load it in the Challenges Gallery. I can't figure out how to move it from one gallery to the next or double tag it for two galleries. I hesitate to delete it since there have been some comments. Any help you can provide would be great. 

Second question is do we have to post a link to a submitted layout in both the March Challenge Chase and the March Monthly Challenge threads if we are participating in the Challenge Chase? I posted Chasing Peacocks in the March Monthly Challenge thread but not in this thread, so I actually am not sure which one of my layouts you counted. Regardless, I am up to two at the point and working on a third today! Sorry so many questions. I am sure I will eventually get the hang of this.

25 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Hi April. I am the new one to SG challenges and seem to be messing everything up! My first layout posted was Gowns Galore, and I posted it in the Weddings Gallery and provided the link. I didn't realize at the time I had to load it in the Challenges Gallery. I can't figure out how to move it from one gallery to the next or double tag it for two galleries. I hesitate to delete it since there have been some comments. Any help you can provide would be great. 

Second question is do we have to post a link to a submitted layout in both the March Challenge Chase and the March Monthly Challenge threads if we are participating in the Challenge Chase? I posted Chasing Peacocks in the March Monthly Challenge thread but not in this thread, so I actually am not sure which one of my layouts you counted. Regardless, I am up to two at the point and working on a third today! Sorry so many questions. I am sure I will eventually get the hang of this.

Hi Celestine! I moved your layout for you. Please don't delete your layouts to move them...I'd hate for you to lose all the comments on them. Someone with permissions can easily move them for you! For your second question, you don't have to post a link in the challenge threads if you don't want to, but you must post one in the challenge chase thread for it to count. As a member of the Welcoming Committee, it's easier for me to find new layouts posted to the challenges I host if someone adds a link to that challenge thread. I like to comment on all the layouts that are created for a challenge I host and it's easier for me to find them if there is a link in the thread. I know other welcoming committee members feel the same way, but again, it's not required.

We're so glad to have your join us and to see your beautiful layouts! I know there are other new members who will benefit from your questions, so please, keep asking them!

Peaches (Weekend Challenge)

Cheers to 50 Years! (Weekly Newsletter Challenge)

Mere Freed Ad  (weekend challenge)

Cutting our Cake  (Weekly Newsletter Challenge)

These Hands          (journaling on photo)

My Birthday     (weekend challenge)

Look to the Left      (Weekly Newsletter Challenge)

Lana Meets Tiana    (large title)

Spode Teapot               (weekend challenge)

I think I understand now...we're to post our layouts all to this page for the challenge, right?  I'm still re-learning, please be patient with me.  I seem to have a pretty steep learning curve between "Elements" and navigating the site.  Looks like I've finally got the LO title thing down though! :)

2 hours ago, Celestine said:

Yay to Carla for moving your layout!    And please don’t ever worry about asking as many questions as you need to ask.   There’s always someone around willing to help, we were all in your boat at some point!  You’re doing great and I’ve enjoyed your layouts.  :) 

3 hours ago, CRS said:

Hi Celestine! I moved your layout for you. Please don't delete your layouts to move them...I'd hate for you to lose all the comments on them. Someone with permissions can easily move them for you! For your second question, you don't have to post a link in the challenge threads if you don't want to, but you must post one in the challenge chase thread for it to count. As a member of the Welcoming Committee, it's easier for me to find new layouts posted to the challenges I host if someone adds a link to that challenge thread. I like to comment on all the layouts that are created for a challenge I host and it's easier for me to find them if there is a link in the thread. I know other welcoming committee members feel the same way, but again, it's not required.

We're so glad to have your join us and to see your beautiful layouts! I know there are other new members who will benefit from your questions, so please, keep asking them!

Thanks for moving the layout and answering my questions, CRS! I think I am getting the hang of the challenge now! Lol.

2 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

These Hands          (journaling on photo)

My Birthday     (weekend challenge)

Look to the Left      (Weekly Newsletter Challenge)

Lana Meets Tiana    (large title)

Spode Teapot               (weekend challenge)

I think I understand now...we're to post our layouts all to this page for the challenge, right?  I'm still re-learning, please be patient with me.  I seem to have a pretty steep learning curve between "Elements" and navigating the site.  Looks like I've finally got the LO title thing down though! :)

You’re doing great and you have a lot to learn right now, it’s impressive!  :)

Yes, as Carla explained all the links for the Challenge Chase need to be in this thread for April to count them.  But, it’s a good idea to also post them in each particular Challenge thread for we Challenge hosts to find.   We like to see and comment on your pages and if there isn’t a link in the thread sometimes they are difficult to locate in the Gallery once others have bumped them.   It’s not a requirement but it sure does help for us to find your layouts.

You did great with the LO links above!   Don’t worry, it’s not easy at first, but never hesitate to ask any and all questions - no one minds at all!

4 hours ago, CRS said:

Hi Celestine,
Like you I am new to posting to the challenges...that being said, you'll find the members and staff at Scrap Girls go above and beyond with their support and encouragement. I have found the only question that is silly is the one I don't ask. I can tell you personally that I've had to ask my own questions about posting and the requirements for this month challenges. Don't be intimidated, relax and let your creative juices flow! Have a great day!

Archived