What colors are you scrapping with

angleigh

It's that time of the year when season start changing, maybe your getting ready to hit spring...or your somewhere that it feels more like fall.  But with the change of season usually comes the change of colors we scrap with.  What is your current favorite color combo?  And do you find yourself changing with the season or do you stick with photos?

I want to do Spring colors, that sounds uplifting, but I got to catch up on the family photos from the winter time. i love teal and yellow.

I have been gravitating towards wanting to use more pastels and spring colors lately.  I think creams and white also are great for this time of year.  Thinking about it makes me want to scrap a spring layout!

I usually don't scrap based on seasonal colors unless it is a seasonal layout (like Christmas etc....) My everyday layouts just seem to follow my current and ever changing color palette obsessions. Right now I am loving Navy & Blush ;)

I usually chose colors based on my photos. So when I'm doing spring photos, I use spring colors. I love the colors of spring, the greens, yellows, pastels, etc after all that brown yuck from winter (or white when I lived in NY), but by the end of summer, I'm ready for the fall colors. So I guess I just go with whatever!

I usually base my colors on the photo(s) and my color palettes for SG challenges are all over the map!   For the past couple of years, however,  I've found myself drawn to white and cream backgrounds. Even my Christmas book for 2018 contained mostly white backgrounds (I used several from SRO Deck The Halls). In the summer I'm usually drawn to yellow and turquoise and other summery brights. I used only Sweet Summer by BMU for a whole photobook of our grandkids visiting us, but there are lots of others in the shop, too.  In the fall I like rusty orange and plum to go with fall photos. I've also been scrapping lately with blue, but REAL blue, not aqua. Like the blues in MPE's Country Christmas papers and the sky paper in her Picnic Collection. And I always look for green (of which, in my opinion, we have too little in the Shop)  -- year 'round!  OK... I'll stop now. :D This is all probably lots more than you wanted to know!

I'm trying to use more neutral colors then embellishments and title with  color from the photos. I am finding that I like my pages that way, at least for now. I agree with Diane there isn't much green but the demand fro green might be a Florida thing!!!

I guess because most of my photos are of our boating vacations I lean towards blues, yellows, greens, and creams.  I am currently working on some Alaska pictures so I'm seeing a bit more navy, gray, and purple, with the lighter blues and yellows mixed in.  I only scrap with reds and oranges when I do flowers from my yard because that is the predominate colors of my butterfly plants. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 6:22 PM, DixieLee said:

I want to do Spring colors, that sounds uplifting, but I got to catch up on the family photos from the winter time. i love teal and yellow.

I love teal and yellow, and throw in an off white...so pretty

On 3/23/2019 at 4:11 AM, Brandy M said:

I usually don't scrap based on seasonal colors unless it is a seasonal layout (like Christmas etc....) My everyday layouts just seem to follow my current and ever changing color palette obsessions. Right now I am loving Navy & Blush ;)

sounds pretty!

On 3/23/2019 at 3:33 PM, Florida granny said:

I usually base my colors on the photo(s) and my color palettes for SG challenges are all over the map!   For the past couple of years, however,  I've found myself drawn to white and cream backgrounds. Even my Christmas book for 2018 contained mostly white backgrounds (I used several from SRO Deck The Halls). In the summer I'm usually drawn to yellow and turquoise and other summery brights. I used only Sweet Summer by BMU for a whole photobook of our grandkids visiting us, but there are lots of others in the shop, too.  In the fall I like rusty orange and plum to go with fall photos. I've also been scrapping lately with blue, but REAL blue, not aqua. Like the blues in MPE's Country Christmas papers and the sky paper in her Picnic Collection. And I always look for green (of which, in my opinion, we have too little in the Shop)  -- year 'round!  OK... I'll stop now. :D This is all probably lots more than you wanted to know!

You know, that's true.  We have alot of green as accent colors but not the main color, and I love green

Love all the comments on more green! It is my favorite color and I use it a lot for wedding and nature layouts. Like Brandy, I think green is a useful neutral. I am drawn to gallery images of ivory/white/gray neutral backgrounds, and then I find myself always, always scrapping something drenched in color. Like on Project Runway, I need to learn to edit myself. Since I am working on albums (baby, wedding, vacation) and my "style" goes all over the place (from grungy to symmetrical, many photo pages, single photo pages, etc) I try to stay in a single color story at least for whatever "chapter" of the album I am working on - otherwise it just looks like chaos. For instance, I am trying to keep myself in the blue-green/green with pops of orange for my South Dakota vacation pages. San Francisco was maroons, etc. I don't know if it really works, but there you have it. Lol.

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

Love all the comments on more green! It is my favorite color and I use it a lot for wedding and nature layouts. Like Brandy, I think green is a useful neutral. I am drawn to gallery images of ivory/white/gray neutral backgrounds, and then I find myself always, always scrapping something drenched in color. Like on Project Runway, I need to learn to edit myself. Since I am working on albums (baby, wedding, vacation) and my "style" goes all over the place (from grungy to symmetrical, many photo pages, single photo pages, etc) I try to stay in a single color story at least for whatever "chapter" of the album I am working on - otherwise it just looks like chaos. For instance, I am trying to keep myself in the blue-green/green with pops of orange for my South Dakota vacation pages. San Francisco was maroons, etc. I don't know if it really works, but there you have it. Lol.

Tim Gunn ~ "Make it Work" Love that guy ;)

large.jpg

21 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Love it! I have to remember this face and mantra the next time I want to add just one more color......or just a few more embellishments.....

Ha ha I was just thinking how I could make this into a desktop background.. I think we all could use that advice!

47 minutes ago, Brandy M said:

Ha ha I was just thinking how I could make this into a desktop background.. I think we all could use that advice!

I was following a discussion on a scrapbooking thread, and had to take some other advice: "Digiscrapping is a stress RELIEVER!" I put it on a post-it note that now lives right on my screen! I've done quite a few projects for family members (and even individualized photobooks for each of the senior members of my son's football team), so it is advice to remember, too. LOL.