April Challenge Chase

April Showers

April 2019 Challenge Chase

challenge-chase-blinkie.gif

Here's how to participate in the April Challenge Chase:

-Sign-up on this thread so I can add you to the tracking spreadsheet. You can sign-up any time during the month.

-Complete 6 Challenge Chase Layouts during the month. We've added a new monthly challenge of 4 layouts, plus we'll have the two regular weekly challenges. You choose which ones you'd like to do.

-You have all month to complete the layouts! You could do all six the first week of the month if you'd like.

-To qualify, Challenge Chase layouts must be posted in one of the following three galleries and meet our challenge layout criteria. :

-Post links to your layouts in this thread so I can track them.

For those who meet our Challenge Chase each month, coupons for 25% off our store will be sent out the first week of the following month and must be used in that month.

We have this Challenge Chase Blinkie for you to sport in your signature!

challenge-chase-blinkie.gif
https://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES/challenge-chase-blinkie.gif

We've tried to make this simple, but feel free to ask any questions on this thread.

Challenge-Chase-Tracker-2019-04_Apr-30.jpg

4 hours ago, Celestine said:

Sign me up! Hopefully I can do this two months in a row!

Celestine, you should check out the World Cruise HERE.  We always have a lot of wacky, crazy fun and it’s a slow scrap for the month of May!   Try it out, or just come and relax with us as we travel on our cruise ship.   

40 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Celestine, you should check out the World Cruise HERE.  We always have a lot of wacky, crazy fun and it’s a slow scrap for the month of May!   Try it out, or just come and relax with us as we travel on our cruise ship.   

Hi MariJ, where is the explanation for the World Cruise activity? I don't see a link. I'd like to know what I am getting into first. May is always CRAAAZZZYYY in our huge extended family between birthdays, graduations, first communions, sports, etc. 

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

Hi MariJ, where is the explanation for the World Cruise activity? I don't see a link. I'd like to know what I am getting into first. May is always CRAAAZZZYYY in our huge extended family between birthdays, graduations, first communions, sports, etc. 

Hi Celestine, the link is above where it says “HERE” but I’ll do it again -- WORLD TOUR LINK.
I sure understand busy family months, but you’re never beholden once you sign up - scrappers “fall off” the ship as we cruise depending on what their weeks are like.  The game typically is a slow scrap with a layout task every day and a layout completed each week but as we always say - “there’s no layout police” so you can join the fun even if you can’t spend time scrapping.   Our “Captain” Valerie usually writes us wild and funny tasks and we all have a grand time pretending we’re on a real cruise - meeting on deck, swimming in the pool --- even occasionally getting into mischief like stealing the nose from one of the Sphinx once when we visited Egypt.   It’s loads of fun as we “tour" different parts of the world - you can even give an idea on the thread.   You’re always welcome to join in the fun even if you don’t have time to scrap!  

PS I just noticed that the game really isn’t explained on the link yet - but I pretty much gave you the explanation!  :rofl:
You can give an idea and sign up even if you’re not sure, it’s not absolute, just part of the fun.  :)

14 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Celestine, the link is above where it says “HERE” but I’ll do it again -- WORLD TOUR LINK.
I sure understand busy family months, but you’re never beholden once you sign up - scrappers “fall off” the ship as we cruise depending on what their weeks are like.  The game typically is a slow scrap with a layout task every day and a layout completed each week but as we always say - “there’s no layout police” so you can join the fun even if you can’t spend time scrapping.   Our “Captain” Valerie usually writes us wild and funny tasks and we all have a grand time pretending we’re on a real cruise - meeting on deck, swimming in the pool --- even occasionally getting into mischief like stealing the nose from one of the Sphinx once when we visited Egypt.   It’s loads of fun as we “tour" different parts of the world - you can even give an idea on the thread.   You’re always welcome to join in the fun even if you don’t have time to scrap!  

PS I just noticed that the game really isn’t explained on the link yet - but I pretty much gave you the explanation!  :rofl:
You can give an idea and sign up even if you’re not sure, it’s not absolute, just part of the fun.  :)

Thanks for the explanation, MariJ. I will sign up and see where it goes time-wise. I have never traveled outside the U.S., except to Canada, so my jet-setting, cruising, elephant-riding, or hiking experiences in other cultures is utterly nil. Should be fun, though. Plus, I have never done a slow-scrap activity, so that will be a first, too.

41 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Thanks for the explanation, MariJ. I will sign up and see where it goes time-wise. I have never traveled outside the U.S., except to Canada, so my jet-setting, cruising, elephant-riding, or hiking experiences in other cultures is utterly nil. Should be fun, though. Plus, I have never done a slow-scrap activity, so that will be a first, too.

That’s great and sure it’s worth a try and we’re all at our best during the World Tour and always sad to see it end.   Like I said - you can even just sit on the “deck” and not scrap if you want and we DO go to wild places to it’s always interesting too!   

I’m so glad you’ll be aboard and of course as you know - questions are always welcome here!  :) 

So here is my circle design, South Dakota Campsite. It started out as a scraplift from Dady's At the Seaside (saw it, loved it, copied it - and I hope she thinks imitation is the best form of flattery!). Original is scrapped with square photos, but I changed them to circles for the challenge. I think I still might like the squares, so we will see which eventually goes into the photobook!

Here is my fourth of the monthly challenges for April.  The Black and white layout with a "pop" of color...I don't know that my color actually pops, but this is still a learning experience for me and Elements.  Its Lana heading back to our room after our first day in the parks.  She loved her balloon, and really liked the way it cast a shadow.

Lana with Balloon

signature.jpg.5cebc04a3858a22eea34714c901dfa44.jpg