Is there a spell check in Photoshop Elements?

Jane in N.Z

Hi Jane, I can’t be positive because I’ve never used it but I’ve never found it either.   I seem to recall a question years ago and the decision being there is no spell check in PSE.    If someone knows differently I’ll be glad to learn that!  :)

Oh how I wish there was! If I'm writing a lot on a scrap page I tend to copy and paste what I've written into Word or OneNote which automatically picks up any typos (spelling mistakes - me? never!). The journaling can then be corrected manually on the page or the amendments copied and pasted from Word onto the LO.

1 hour ago, englishrose said:

Oh how I wish there was! If I'm writing a lot on a scrap page I tend to copy and paste what I've written into Word or OneNote which automatically picks up any typos (spelling mistakes - me? never!). The journaling can then be corrected manually on the page or the amendments copied and pasted from Word onto the LO.

That’s actually what I do too, Hilary.   I write my journaling in another program and let spell-check do its magic and then I copy and paste into PSE.   

16 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Jane, I can’t be positive because I’ve never used it but I’ve never found it either.   I seem to recall a question years ago and the decision being there is no spell check in PSE.    If someone knows differently I’ll be glad to learn that!  :)

what a shame there is no spell check :( I do miss my CS5 but unable to justify the cost :( 

16 hours ago, englishrose said:

Thanks Hilary I'll do that as I need some sort of spell check :)