May Monthly Challenges

Mikelle

Can you believe it's already May?  This year is flying by! Your May challenges are below. Complete them at your leisure, but remember to post your layouts in the Monthly Challenge Gallery and then post links to them in this thread so that we can leave some love.  Also remember that you can use your May Monthly Challenge Layouts in the May Challenge Chase.  

Challenge #1: Brushes
Brushes are amazingly creative and versatile, and I have a LOT of them!  I often forget to use them, though.  For this challenge, use at least two brushes on your layout.  Here is my layout: Sunflower

Challenge #2:  Mood Board
When I was a young teenager, I remember throwing together collages, which usually consisted of a poster board with pictures and words cut out from magazines pasted to the board. These days, it’s so easy to put together a digital mood board – I love it!  For this challenge, create a layout inspired by the mood board below.  I also posted the board to the following link, with credits to the photographers:  Mood Board   Here is mine: She's a Wildflower

Challenge #3:  Back in My Day
Speaking of when I was a teenager, so much has changed since then!  It’s been 35 years since I became a teenager.  Think how computers have advanced during that time, along with the advent of e-readers, smart phones, smart cars… Is there anything you are nostalgic for?  Do you sometimes wish you could go back to “the old way” of doing things?  Or is there a type of clothing you wish was still in style, or candy that is no longer sold?  Scrap a layout about something you miss that was “back in your day.” This doesn’t necessarily have to be a heritage layout, or even about something that long ago, just something that has changed.   My nostalgic layout: Bike

Challenge #4:  Stripes
Let’s find stripes! For this challenge, use a striped background paper (or two), striped embellishments, or even a photo with stripes in it (zebra, anyone?)      Here is my striped layout:  Yellowstone

Mood Board for Challenge #2:

MoodBoard_May2019_thumb.jpg

16 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Great challenges, I was just looking at putting a mood board together of how I want to decorate our new house :)  

I really had fun putting that mood board together!  I've never done one before.  I'll have to think about doing one of my own photos, and printing it on canvas.

8 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I really had fun putting that mood board together!  I've never done one before.  I'll have to think about doing one of my own photos, and printing it on canvas.

Your mood board is so pretty!  :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • MariJ unpinned this topic