Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

Worl%20Tour%202019.png

Welcome to the
Scrap Girls World Tour
:sinking::sinking::sinking::sinking::sinking:

Join us as we once again head round the world looking for inspiration to create layouts. This year could be the craziest yet!

Complete layouts to gain stamps in the passport. Each stamp is worth one entry in the prize draw. At the end of the tour, we will do a random draw, and you could win one of five $5 Gift Certificates to use in the Scrap Girls Boutique. You can earn a total of 21 stamps.

Each time we stop at a new location we will give you some inspiration for you to create a layout. You may also be given a task to complete. Check each day's itinerary to see what you need to do.
  • You are free to interpret each location’s inspiration in any way you wish.
  • There are no daily time limits, even if the post says today, tomorrow or any date.
  • Do not post your finished layout until we tell you to, just in case something un-expected happens. That should probably be "something un-expected WILL happen".
  • You do not have to complete a layout for every location, unless you wish to.
  • You can combine inspirations; however, you can only receive one stamp in the passport for each layout.
  • You have until 11:59pm (ET) on Friday 31st May to post your layouts. Any layouts or tasks posted after this time will not earn a stamp on the passport.

Please be aware the passport will not be updated everyday, I aim to update it at least four times a week. I will let you know in the game thread when it has been updated. If you think you are missing a stamp please feel free to send me (ValerieT) a PM.

This year's image for your signature can be found here http://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES/Worl Tour 2019.png
If you need help adding it to your signature please ask

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you ready? Yes? Then let's go!

1st May
Welcome to this year's Scrap Girls World Tour. We will be visiting some very unusual and out of the way places this year. You will need climbing gear, waterproofs, insect repellent, extra warm clothes and sleeping bags, as well as swim wear, shorts and flip flops. Don't forget your camera!

You have two jobs to do today;

1. You need to sign in. Create and use a new siggy. Only siggies created on or after the 1st May will count as a stamp on the passport.
  2. Find your cabin. Tell us where your cabin is located. Remember this is a special ship, all requests are easily accommodated.

When you are finshed upload your siggy to the World Tour Gallery.

How To Create A Custom Signature 
How To Add A Custom Image To Your Forum Signature

I’m onboard!  Check-in was amazingly easy, I thought I saw you onbaord Jane!  
I’d also like a cabin with a balcony near the pool and spa.  I intend on spending a lot of time both places.    ??‍♂️

I hope everyone else arrives soon, I’m ready for the fun to begin.    :D   :partytime2:

I posted my  new siggie and I am already in my room. I love the balcony view and so close to the pool, too. Thank you Valerie for making all these arrangements for us. See you all on the Lido deck later.

2 hours ago, Dady said:

My cabin is also next to that of Marylin and I like the view of the pool.
I prepare my siggie but before I go to the bar

I’m glad to have you as my cruise neighbor Geraldine!   
Anyone want to meet for dinner?   I’m going to sit at the pool for awhile once I unpack!

My new siggie is posted in the gallery here. I want lots of space, too, Andrea! I'll take a large cabin with an ocean view next to Carla, please! Could that come with a balcony, too?

Marilyn, I'll go sit with you at the pool and join you for dinner. We'll have tons of fun on this tour, gals! :2468who-do-we-appreciate::2468who-do-we-appreciate::2468who-do-we-appreciate:

20 minutes ago, SeeWhatSueSaw said:

My new siggie is posted in the gallery here. I want lots of space, too, Andrea! I'll take a large cabin with an ocean view next to Carla, please! Could that come with a balcony, too?

Marilyn, I'll go sit with you at the pool and join you for dinner. We'll have tons of fun on this tour, gals! :2468who-do-we-appreciate::2468who-do-we-appreciate::2468who-do-we-appreciate:

That sounds wonderful Sue!   We can catch up at the pool and then have dinner.   Perhaps some of you others might join us?   
Hmmmmmm.. Which restaurant should we try?   I’m thinking of casual for this first night?   :happy-sun:

• 2nd May
    We start our tour in Nevada. We are lucky enough to have been invited by the Burning Man Project to spend a day or two at Fly Ranch. Yes, we will get to visit the Fly Geyser. The greens and reds are caused by a type of algae which flourishes in moist, hot environments.

Nevada.jpg

Use either red or green as the main colour of your next layout.

• (IP: 94.192.18.2nd May
  • We start our tour in Nevada. We are lucky enough to have been invited by the Burning Man Project to spend a day or two at Fly Ranch. Yes, we will get to visit the Fly Geyser. The greens and reds are caused by a type of algae which flourishes in moist, hot 

2 hours ago, ValerieT said:
  • 2nd May
    We start our tour in Nevada. We are lucky enough to have been invited by the Burning Man Project to spend a day or two at Fly Ranch. Yes, we will get to visit the Fly Geyser. The greens and reds are caused by a type of algae which flourishes in moist, hot environments.

Nevada.jpg

Use either red or green as the main colour of your next layout.

• (IP: 94.192.18.2nd May
  • We start our tour in Nevada. We are lucky enough to have been invited by the Burning Man Project to spend a day or two at Fly Ranch. Yes, we will get to visit the Fly Geyser. The greens and reds are caused by a type of algae which flourishes in moist, hot 

What a gorgeous sight! Beautiful beginning to our tour!

Morning, all!   I’ve never been to Nevada and the Burning Man Porject looks so interesting.   I’m off to the Breakfast Buffet before the excursion, it looks so cool and like a great photo op!

Before that I’d better look for some green or red scrapping paper.   Like Valerie, I rarely scrap in those colors, except for Christmas pages.   Hmmmmmm..   That’s an idea!    

What a gorgeous place to start!

My cabin is very different then everyone else's.  I was informed by the captain that in years past there's been enough shenanigans going on that he built a special room for me.  It sits a little higher then everyone else's, and overlooks all your rooms.  I guess he thinks i'm going to keep an eye on you all and keep you in line.  Heck this just gives me a better view to find out where the party is ? 

2 hours ago, angleigh said:

What a gorgeous place to start!

My cabin is very different then everyone else's.  I was informed by the captain that in years past there's been enough shenanigans going on that he built a special room for me.  It sits a little higher then everyone else's, and overlooks all your rooms.  I guess he thinks i'm going to keep an eye on you all and keep you in line.  Heck this just gives me a better view to find out where the party is ? 

The Captain doesn't know you very well, does he???

I am happy to have a stateroom anywhere, since I will be joining in a little late. I had planned to to the siggy today, but I just got an "emergency" call from my adult kid a few minutes ago....does it ever end?.....so there went my afternoon. Leaving tonight for a few days out of town. Promise to get siggy done when I get back, but I've never done one, so it might take me a bit. I will be looking in and enjoying all your posts, but I will be a long way from my computer, and my papers, and my embellishments. Lol.