Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

The only time I have had saki was at a birthday for me, our son and granddaughter (all May birthdays) We all went to a hibachi grill they squirt saki into your mouth from the cooking area. We had fun

Well here is my sound page. I guess I didn't realize it was supposed to be a soundscape not just a sound so I hope this is ok.

I'm going back to my cabin  because a party is starting and I want to make sure everyone tries the saki with frozen strawberries? in it. Yum. Oh look Marilyn is dancing:dancing-smilie: oh and there is diane too...she really liked the saki with the strawberries:breakdance:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Come to my room Diane...I always like to party...I got some saki and frozen strawberries to put in it. We can sit on the balcony and watch the ocean waves while the sun goes down.

WooHoo! Saki with strawberries. What will they think of next?  And dancing like no one's watching! (Well, I hope no one's watching.)

And, as far as those rumors about streaking through the bamboo forest... well... it certainly wouldn't have been any of US, right??? :D 

48 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

WooHoo! Saki with strawberries. What will they think of next?  And dancing like no one's watching! (Well, I hope no one's watching.)

And, as far as those rumors about streaking through the bamboo forest... well... it certainly wouldn't have been any of US, right??? :D 

Certainly not??? 

9th May
We have flown to Hunan Province, China overnight or a breath-taking tour you don't want to miss. Make sure those camera memory cards have plenty of space.

Do you want to hear a legend? 

There was once a man in the 1300s called Xiang Dakun. He led his people in an uprising against the Emperor. Unfortunately, they were defeated. It is said that when Xiang Dakun died his writing brushes turned to stone forming the mountains we are off to see.

In truth, the Tianzi Mountains are the product of millions of years of erosion. Wind and water have left behind slender towers that almost resemble skyscrapers. Although I think I prefer the idea that they are brushes. In fact, part of our tour will include The Emperor's Writing Brush Peak.

China.jpg

Start a new layout and add at least three different brushes. They can be from the same set.

update:  *no one has confessed to the ummm...shenanigans from the bamboo forest*

So.  I just searched my brushes and man oh man do I have a lot of them.  Everything from word art, embellishments, grunge effects.  I should not have trouble finding three to use on my layout.  Now I'd like to sit and scrap this morning.  But, *sigh*, I must get up and get moving before I become one with this chair for the day.  Laundry.  Why oh why is there so much laundry??  

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

update:  *no one has confessed to the ummm...shenanigans from the bamboo forest*

So.  I just searched my brushes and man oh man do I have a lot of them.  Everything from word art, embellishments, grunge effects.  I should not have trouble finding three to use on my layout.  Now I'd like to sit and scrap this morning.  But, *sigh*, I must get up and get moving before I become one with this chair for the day.  Laundry.  Why oh why is there so much laundry??  

"Being one with the chair."  Oh, I love that!! :rofl:

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Oh, wow I was lost today and missed seeing where we are, it’s gorgeous!   I can’t wait to see The Emperor's Writing Brush Peak.   
But, are we still drinking SAKE?????

Were you by chance lost in the bamboo forest?  Is this a confession?  

21 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Come to my room Diane...I always like to party...I got some saki and frozen strawberries to put in it. We can sit on the balcony and watch the ocean waves while the sun goes down.

Is that you fessing up to Conda Debby......surely your not trying to entice Diane to party. I missed out on the saki (YUK!!!) but could do with a gin & tonic have you heard if we have drinks yet. The icecream has all gone and I'm getting sick of ice cubes :) 

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Is that you fessing up to Conda Debby......surely your not trying to entice Diane to party. I missed out on the saki (YUK!!!) but could do with a gin & tonic have you heard if we have drinks yet. The icecream has all gone and I'm getting sick of ice cubes :) 

How come we weren’t invited to the party, Jane????    :circle:

9 hours ago, alsoarty said:

HERE is layout 3 from me. Get ready to party tomorrow night.... I'll be stent-free! So where's the party? At the pool deck, or are we hitting one of the discos?

I think we’d better go poolside Andrea so you can rest.   Can’t have you dancing yet!   

55 minutes ago, MariJ said:

UMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........   :dunno:   :sofa:  :disappearing-smilie:  :eekout:

Can I hid behind the couch with you, Please.

10th May

Some good news. The bar now has some Baijiu and green tea in stock. Apparently, Baijiu is a traditional Chinese drink made from sorghum and is similar in colour and feel to vodka. Make sure you don't drink too much, we don't want any trouble. 

On to the bad news. Own up! Who was it who leaned out too far to get a picture and had to be rescued? And who was it who thought they could swing and climb like the blue people from the film Avatar? 

Was it you? Any story explanation is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Back to Tianzi Mountains and our legend. It is said that after Xiang Dakun fell to his death his lover covered the cliff with flowers. This is supposedly why flowers cover the ledges today.

Add at least three different flowers to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.