Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

4 hours ago, SodScrap said:
11th May

You had better not be afraid of heights for today's tour. We have arrived in India and are heading out to Cherrapunji to see something that is both natural and manmade.
Don't look down, we are off to cross the Living Root Bridges. The Khasi Tribe have trained the roots of rubber trees to grow into bridges. These are a stable alternative to wooded bridges that decay and get destroyed by the monsoon seasons. 
It will be quite a trek to get there, so make sure you have appropriate footwear on and use plenty of insect repellent. 

Use wood, tree or root as inspiration for your next layout.

After those Chinese mountain peaks I'm not sure about this bridge thing. Maybe I'll close my eyes. :) 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise not to jump on the bridge to make it shake when I am in the middle....Promise?, Promise?, Promise?

8 hours ago, SeeWhatSueSaw said:

Sure, I'll bring the photos! I was able to capture some unique expressions on some of your faces! :giggle_bear: 

Uh- oh, I hope it’s not incrimating evidence - you never know on this cruise!  :D

10 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Thanks Conda... I knew I could count on you. Meet you in the jacuzzi...

Sure was nice to soak in that hot water!   Way better than death defying walks on a swinging bridge.  

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I wasn't feeling well enough to walk over that swing bridge it made me so weak and faint (maybe it was all that green tea and vodka stuff) I got a helicopter to take me. Made me feel quite dizzy again to hear about the antics some of you got up to :ew:

Lo #4_Brushes and Flowers

Antics??? What antics, I think I’ve missed all the fun today!
I wonder where we’ll end up tomoroow?

13th May:  Ready for another fun tour week?
The bar now has a large supply of Chai Tea. Don't all rush at once.

How did you all enjoy the Living Root Bridges? I hope no one tried to cross one that wasn’t at least 15 years old. They are meant to be unstable and easily break in those first 15 years.

Add something green to your layouts. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I'm not sure the photo of the Living Root Bridges came through on Conda's post (it didn't for me), so I've posted it again below.  Looks beautiful - but maybe a little scary to cross?!!!

India.jpg.30b9e91d8f297eea1c58eb3b93ed96bf.jpg

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Well I certainly enjoyed that 'Chai Tea' and closed my eyes across that bridge.......I had Tarzan with me so enjoyed the ride and at least if it had collapsed he would have been able to swing to safety with me :) 

Me too, enjoyed that tea!   I’m a bit wary of the bridge Jane; do you think I could borrow Tarzan???  :rofl:

Sorry about the photo of the bridges...I saw it copied, but not have posted. Maybe it is my fear of heights and well...if we didn't see it, we wouldn't have to climb on them???  

I was gone all weekend (lots of driving) and posted from my mobile phone. 

I just got back after shaking everyone up on the bridge it was great fun. Diane was carried by Tarzan and Andrea was helped by her own Superman. Conda was that Zoro who slashed his way to you when you were a little lost in the jungle? I need a rest from all the jumping I did on the bridge, see you at the pool

Here is my page#5