Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14th May
We have headed west to Pamukkale, Turkey. We are off to explore the Travertine Thermal Pools and ruins of Hierapolis, we may even have time to relax a bit.

Pamukkale has been a spa town for hundreds of years, ever since the Romans arrived in Hierapolis. The mineral springs have formed massive white limestone terraces and this amazing sight often over shadows the ancient but well-preserved ruins above. Don't worry we will have time to see both.

Turkey 1.jpg

Turkey 2.jpg

Start a new white space layout. Remember your layout does not have to be white.

My guess is the spas are elsewhere, fed by the geothermal-heated water available in the ground water in this area. Sitting it these terraced pools would be like sitting in the geysers and hot springs on display at Yellowstone National Park --- probably not a good idea unless you want to be kicked out of the place.

5 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Spa??? Mineral Springs??? Oh, I am so ready for this! :D I'm sure they're not off-limits, right?

I thought we were VIPs with all-access passes to everything?!? A fantasy tour has to be good for something, right?

7 hours ago, SeeWhatSueSaw said:

My guess is the spas are elsewhere, fed by the geothermal-heated water available in the ground water in this area. Sitting it these terraced pools would be like sitting in the geysers and hot springs on display at Yellowstone National Park --- probably not a good idea unless you want to be kicked out of the place.

and for sure in those places there are so many signs warning of the danger of the heat there and not to step on/in, I think I’d be wary there and here!!
Maybe we should try the ship’s jacuzzi, not as pretty, but warm!

15th May
What has the Barman found for us in Turkey? Raki, otherwise known as Lion's Milk. It's made of twice distilled grapes and aniseed.

Did any of you get a chance to relax in the thermal pools? How about Hierapolis? Get any amazing photos?

Add something that reminds you of hot to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Here is my white space/hot page.

I need to relax in those springs but I must pack and load the van for our trip North for the summer, we leave tomorrow morning. I will not be doing anything crazy today. I will leave the mischief to the rest of you. I will be popping in as we travel so I will be checking to see what is going on. Have a fun day on this great World Tour.

Definitely, need the thermal pool today.  I am hurting today.  I had a couple of ribs out (from keeping up with y'all I'm sure...) and my doctor did a number on me yesterday.  Is there a masseuse on call?   

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

Definitely, need the thermal pool today.  I am hurting today.  I had a couple of ribs out (from keeping up with y'all I'm sure...) and my doctor did a number on me yesterday.  Is there a masseuse on call?   

Not sure about a masseuse, but you could always try a little Lion's Milk.  It probably won't help your ribs but you won't care. :D 

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

Here is my layout for white space and HOT - 94 F, Muggy & Buggy

I have to say, using these prompts and molding the album pages that I am working on to fit them has been a lot of fun. I have no doubt these mini-challenges are pulling me in new directions, forcing me out of a layout rut. Thanks!

Well I say you are not it a rut...Your LO's have been really nice. Let's go to the pool I am sweating from all this packing and loading to go on our excursion back home to see our family & Friends.

4 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Hot tub might helps so take a break up there on the lido deck. I wonder what our next port of call will be I hope someplace cooler with lots of photo op's.

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

Well I say you are not it a rut...Your LO's have been really nice. Let's go to the pool I am sweating from all this packing and loading to go on our excursion back home to see our family & Friends.

Pool sounds great! Where are Tarzan and Superman when you need them to help with all that packing and loading?

11 hours ago, SodScrap said:

So sorry Conda - I know that’s painful.  :(  I hope the thermal pool (& the doctor!) helped.   No shenanigans for you today!  

6 hours ago, Celestine said:

Pool sounds great! Where are Tarzan and Superman when you need them to help with all that packing and loading?

That’s so true!   I’ve been at the pool and in and out of the hot tubs all day, but haven’t seen them anywhere!