Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16th May
I want to drink your blood!

That's right we have headed to the heart of Transylvania. We will be visiting Corvin Castle, also known as Hunyadi Castle. It sits atop a rocky bluff with nothing but a thin bridge allowing access and looks like it could be straight out of a fairy-tale. Legends state that Vlad the Impaler spent seven years in the dungeons here. Although this is unlikely to be true it does seem like the sort of place where Dracula might have been held.

Romania.jpg

Start a new layout with fairy-tale as your inspiration.

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

Transylvania??? This ship is taking us to some VERY strange ports of call! :D I hope we go there in the daytime. I'm not too sure about after dark!

Who knew there was a port there??  But wow oh wow!  LOOK at that castle!  Maybe I will find a prince?? 

Let's see.  Diane, do you have your portable torches with you?  Fire, at night, that would be a good thing???  

3 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Who knew there was a port there??  But wow oh wow!  LOOK at that castle!  Maybe I will find a prince?? 

Let's see.  Diane, do you have your portable torches with you?  Fire, at night, that would be a good thing???  

I'll bring torches, flashlights, even the little light on my phone! Oh yes, I'd better bring some garlic too, you know, just in case?  On the other hand, maybe there WILL be a handsome prince inside. :) 

2 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Another bridge? I won’t go there at night! I’ll fall off the bridge, or dracula will get me.. eek! It’s gorgeous, how did they build that castle and only have one way to enter?

Are you sure there's only one way? I mean, there's no entrance to the crypt or anything?? Gulp.

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I'll bring torches, flashlights, even the little light on my phone! Oh yes, I'd better bring some garlic too, you know, just in case?  On the other hand, maybe there WILL be a handsome prince inside. :) 

Oh NOoooooo...  I am not a fan of scary stories or shows - even the music has me running.  I think I’ll stick with you, Diane.   
Maybe we all should stick together just in case, you know - safety in numbers!

Although, there is a very sweet anethesiologist from Transylvania (seriously) who took care of me for 3 surgeries and he is the lovliest of men and I’d trust him with anything.  So maybe our fears are unfounded???

Hmmmmm.... And I wonder what’s happening with the drink situation?  At least the Captain didn’t bring us anything RED  ??‍♂️........ 

5 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I'm pretty sure we're staying the night here... bring your best ghost story!

Yikes! Ok, I'll bring my cross necklace too. And maybe Marilyn's anesthesiologist. Oh wait... he's real and he's in the US. Even HE got out of Transylvania! I hope the rest of us make it to the next port, too. ?

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh NOoooooo...  I am not a fan of scary stories or shows - even the music has me running.  I think I’ll stick with you, Diane.   
Maybe we all should stick together just in case, you know - safety in numbers!

Although, there is a very sweet anethesiologist from Transylvania (seriously) who took care of me for 3 surgeries and he is the lovliest of men and I’d trust him with anything.  So maybe our fears are unfounded???

Hmmmmm.... And I wonder what’s happening with the drink situation?  At least the Captain didn’t bring us anything RED  ??‍♂️........ 

I hate scary things......anyone have any knock out drops if we have to stay the night  so I don't wake up.

RED might be in the next part of this challenge :dancingghost:

10 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I hate scary things......anyone have any knock out drops if we have to stay the night  so I don't wake up.

RED might be in the next part of this challenge :dancingghost:

Ooooohhhhh...  I wonder, that might have been a hint!

That would be scary at night but with all the flashlights, torches and phones  not to mention the garlic everyone is bringing it shouldn't be too bad.I hope the chef can still make our gourmet meals with no garlic. I can light a bonfire at the beginning of the bridge and then we could head to it when we are done. A daytime visit would be best though cause I bet those rooms have no lights but I wouldn't want to miss anything so we might be there at dusk. Who's up for the adventure?

17th May
I am getting a bit worried about some of these drinks the Barman is finding, some of you cannot walk in a straight line anymore. Today's addition is Tuica, a potent "moonshine" distilled from plums.

What did you all think of the castle? Do you think Dracula was ever there? Any answer to this is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Add something to do with architecture to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

On 5/15/2019 at 2:55 PM, SodScrap said:

Definitely, need the thermal pool today.  I am hurting today.  I had a couple of ribs out (from keeping up with y'all I'm sure...) and my doctor did a number on me yesterday.  Is there a masseuse on call?   

Ok, here's the deal.

I can help with any aches you girls are having, i'm a retired massage/reflexologist therapist, but in exchange for some, carbonated pale yellow nectar (champagne), cocktails, vino you know what I mean? :D

So, i will book the couch in the spa rooms and will see anyone between 8pm and 10pm on Monday's, Wednesday's.

1 hour ago, Marie-Christine said:

Ok, here's the deal.

I can help with any aches you girls are having, i'm a retired massage/reflexologist therapist, but in exchange for some, carbonated pale yellow nectar (champagne), cocktails, vino you know what I mean? :D

So, i will book the couch in the spa rooms and will see anyone between 8pm and 10pm on Monday's, Wednesday's.

Marie, I will be there with champagne...one of my favorite drinks  but we cannot drink it till my little massage is over OK? oh well forget the massage lets drink champagne and chat so  forget the massage.

Fantasy... and some Architecture????....wow we’re really are being challenged on this trip, bridges, bridges, bridges,,,fantasy... architecture, I’m. So dizzy I’ll not be able to cross that bridge...who’s with me to find another entrance to the castle?

3 hours ago, Mikelle said:

17th May
I am getting a bit worried about some of these drinks the Barman is finding, some of you cannot walk in a straight line anymore. Today's addition is Tuica, a potent "moonshine" distilled from plums.

What did you all think of the castle? Do you think Dracula was ever there? Any answer to this is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Add something to do with architecture to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Well, according Wikipedia, Corvin Castle was the high tech jail of its time, and it coincided with Vlad's lifespan - and he was supposedly jailed there - so it is entirely possible. Plus, you know, ghosts. So Dracula is a definite possibility, sleeping in the dungeons, coming out at night, roaming the halls, looking for tasty necks.

5 hours ago, Mikelle said:

17th May

I think Dracula was definitely there. I know I saw someone with a large black cape flitting from room to room last night. I looked in the mirror but didn't see him. ?