Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

5 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

Ok, here's the deal.

I can help with any aches you girls are having, i'm a retired massage/reflexologist therapist, but in exchange for some, carbonated pale yellow nectar (champagne), cocktails, vino you know what I mean? :D

So, i will book the couch in the spa rooms and will see anyone between 8pm and 10pm on Monday's, Wednesday's.

I'll be there!! :) Yay you!!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, alsoarty said:

...no Champaign for me, I think I’m the only teetotaler in the group, but I sure love the chat idea...I’ll join you!

Great! See you at the chat. And you can just give your champagne to the rest of us, Andrea. I think there's fizzy spring water available, too.

When the fairy tale gauntlet was thrown down, I instantly thought of this series of photos from my daughter's wedding. Someone once said they thought the photos looked like a fairy tale, and it has stuck with me since. The architecture comes in as part of the photo - it is a 19th century steel and iron factory that has been abandoned and allowed to be naturally reclaimed since the 1950s. Note the walls along the sides that form an alley that goes for a long distance. It is now part of a bike and hike trail system. Here is True Love's Kiss.

11 hours ago, Mikelle said:

17th May
What did you all think of the castle? Do you think Dracula was ever there? Any answer to this is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

I'm a skeptic. I don't believe in Dracula, so I don't think he was ever at the castle. Now, do I think you could be scared by the idea of Dracula, especially at this castle, I wholeheartedly say, "YES!"

11 hours ago, alsoarty said:

...no Champaign for me, I think I’m the only teetotaler in the group, but I sure love the chat idea...I’ll join you!

Well, I talk a big talk but I just look at liquor and I get dizzy!   ?

Marie, thank you for the massages, very helpful!  :)

HERE is my fantasy layout - I found a blueprint of a castle online and added that for the architectural element. Luckily for me my niece's daughter (they live in England now) had a final for college and these are the photos she shared with me.

I am really sorry I haven't updated the passport until now. Ben has been in hospital with his epilepsy. He is fine now but today has been the first time I have had time to update the passport. If you think I have missed anything, please tell me.

18th May
We have headed to the city of Klevan in the Ukraine. We have been invited to ride a train on a two mile stretch of private railway followed by a stroll back. So, what's so special about this railway? The railway and train have turned the surrounding trees into an enchanting natural tunnel. The romantic setting has earned this stretch of track the nickname of "The Tunnel of Love". Local legend has it that couples who visit the tunnel will be granted a wish, provided their intentions are sincere.

Ukraine 1.jpg

Ukraine 2.jpg

Start a new layout with love as your inspiration.

On 5/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, alsoarty said:

Andrea, I'm also a teetotaler - we will still go to the bar, but we'll nurse our ginger ales, and just sit and laugh at the other girls' tipsy antics.  ?

On 5/17/2019 at 9:53 AM, Celestine said:

Well, according Wikipedia, Corvin Castle was the high tech jail of its time, and it coincided with Vlad's lifespan - and he was supposedly jailed there - so it is entirely possible. Plus, you know, ghosts. So Dracula is a definite possibility, sleeping in the dungeons, coming out at night, roaming the halls, looking for tasty necks.

"Plus, you know, ghosts."  ?  LOL!  I too think Vlad the Impaler was imprisoned here.  They had to lock him up somewhere, and this being THE cool high-tech castle of the time and in the area... As for me, I was left alone all night.  Mosquitos are quite drawn to me, but not Dracula apparently?  Fine by me!

On 5/17/2019 at 11:00 PM, Mikelle said:

17th May
I am getting a bit worried about some of these drinks the Barman is finding, some of you cannot walk in a straight line anymore. Today's addition is Tuica, a potent "moonshine" distilled from plums.

What did you all think of the castle? Do you think Dracula was ever there? Any answer to this is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Add something to do with architecture to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I think it was that awful drink that kept Dracula and other nasties away as although I only had a bit all I saw was fairies with torches holding garlic. It turned into a fun night in that fun castle :) 

Here is my fantasy LO is inspired by Rapunzel. My DD and I were in the Old Clock Tower in Prague and I took this photo of her as it looked like she was trapped in the tower.

7 hours ago, ValerieT said:

I am really sorry I haven't updated the passport until now. Ben has been in hospital with his epilepsy. He is fine now but today has been the first time I have had time to update the passport. If you think I have missed anything, please tell me.

Sorry to hear Ben has been unwell but glad he is home now :) 

19 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Wow, this place is beautiful! We sure visit some interesting spots on this cruise. And at least this one isn't scary! :) It's put me into the mood for lounging and enjoying the sunshine. Anyone want to come up onto the sunshine deck with me?

Yes this place is stunning and I'm going to enjoy that train ride :) I'll join you for some sunshine Diane as I'm in the mood for lounging around and soaking up some of those rays. Its gone rather cold here :blinking-in-scarf: 

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Yes this place is stunning and I'm going to enjoy that train ride :) I'll join you for some sunshine Diane as I'm in the mood for lounging around and soaking up some of those rays. Its gone rather cold here :blinking-in-scarf: 

I'll join you two, Diane and Jane! It's rather gray and wet here today, so I'd like to get somewhere sunny. :happy-sun:?

On 5/17/2019 at 7:00 AM, Mikelle said:

17th May
I am getting a bit worried about some of these drinks the Barman is finding, some of you cannot walk in a straight line anymore. Today's addition is Tuica, a potent "moonshine" distilled from plums.

Add something to do with architecture to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Well with all the garlic smell around I doubt Dracula stayed around but I do think he was here because I saw blood drip marks and drag lines. Are we missing anyone???

12 hours ago, ValerieT said:

Oh no....Poor Ben (you all too) I'm glad he is better. No worries about passport you need to take care of family first!

GET WELL BEN

I had to do a bit of catching up as our youngest son (40yo) with CF was hspitalised on Sunday night with Influenza A & pneumonia even though he had the flu vax injection. He is now on the improve thank heavens.

Valerie it is good to hear that Ben is improving. It is so worrying when your kids go to hospital no matter how old they are.

Here are my WT19 #6 - White space & heat

and WT19 #7 - Fairytale & architecture

1 hour ago, scrapgran said:

I had to do a bit of catching up as our youngest son (40yo) with CF was hspitalised on Sunday night with Influenza A & pneumonia even though he had the flu vax injection. He is now on the improve thank heavens.

Valerie it is good to hear that Ben is improving. It is so worrying when your kids go to hospital no matter how old they are.

Here are my WT19 #6 - White space & heat

and WT19 #7 - Fairytale & architecture

So glad your son is doing ok, Laraine.    Scary indeed.   And glad Ben is better also.