Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

16 hours ago, scrapgran said:

I had to do a bit of catching up as our youngest son (40yo) with CF was hspitalised on Sunday night with Influenza A & pneumonia even though he had the flu vax injection. He is now on the improve thank heavens.

Valerie it is good to hear that Ben is improving. It is so worrying when your kids go to hospital no matter how old they are.

Here are my WT19 #6 - White space & heat

and WT19 #7 - Fairytale & architecture

I'm glad to hear your son is on the mend and I hope he continues to improve. Yes, it doesn't matter how old our kids are! Sending a long-distance hug.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May 20th
Uzvar is what the Barman has on offer today. It's made from pouring hot water over dried fruit and berries, which is then left to rest. When it has cooled to warm you can add some honey before serving it. As only the second non-alcoholic drink the Barman has got for us, please make sure you leave some for everyone.

How did you enjoy the train ride and walk? I hope no one got into trouble?

We had better make sure there are some leaves on our layouts. 
When you are finished post your layout in the 
World Tour Gallery.

I loved the train ride and walk and got so many photos!

Has anyone else tried the new drink,  it’s delicious and very refreshing.     At least we shouldn’t get into trouble drinking it.

I wonder where we’ll be traveling next????

crazy on this personal excursion to get to our summer place. I saw this sign so took pcture and it's perfect for the Love .

but my true loves are here.Da

On 5/10/2019 at 11:49 PM, SodScrap said:

10th May

Some good news. The bar now has some Baijiu and green tea in stock. Apparently, Baijiu is a traditional Chinese drink made from sorghum and is similar in colour and feel to vodka. Make sure you don't drink too much, we don't want any trouble. 

On to the bad news. Own up! Who was it who leaned out too far to get a picture and had to be rescued? And who was it who thought they could swing and climb like the blue people from the film Avatar? 

Was it you? Any story explanation is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Back to Tianzi Mountains and our legend. It is said that after Xiang Dakun fell to his death his lover covered the cliff with flowers. This is supposedly why flowers cover the ledges today.

Add at least three different flowers to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I thought I wasn't seen as I was with Diane but Tarzen was swinging me so I was safe :) got some good photos though :) 

6 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I thought I wasn't seen as I was with Diane but Tarzen was swinging me so I was safe :) got some good photos though :) 

Ohhhhhh....  You two wild ones!   Can’t wait to see those photos.    :) 

May 21st
We have headed north to Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia. 

We are off to see The Dancing Forest, known locally as the Drunken Forest. The trunks of the trees have contorted themselves into rings, spirals, loops and squiggles. There are many suggestions as to why the trees are shaped this way including caterpillars, strong wind and human manipulation. There are also many supernatural and superstitious reasons suggested. Apparently if you climb through one of the rings it will add a year to your life.

Russia.jpg.93ee7d4807312f1955f016b5ea568ebd.jpg.55f505823a478e26dd9680fbb1d9384d.jpg

Start a new layout with dancing as your inspiration.

Wow, those trees are gorgeous and I’ve gotten so many photos of them.   Anyone else climb through a ring?   It was fun!

And I wonder if climbing through tow of them will add two years?   HMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I’m off for a snack and sit at the pool.    And I have a layout idea!  :) 

Dancing in the rain comes to mind.  Will the rain ever end?  I've been on the lookout for the ark.......in the meantime...I will be crawling through all the circles I can find.

I have a video from the weekend of Charlotte playing in the rain.  Wonder if I have any photos?  Will have to look!

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Dancing in the rain comes to mind.  Will the rain ever end?  I've been on the lookout for the ark.......in the meantime...I will be crawling through all the circles I can find.

I have a video from the weekend of Charlotte playing in the rain.  Wonder if I have any photos?  Will have to look!

I know it’s been bad in NJ, but I’ve joined you in the Midwest via Indiana and gosh, rain, rain, rain!   

I think I’ll follow you through those circles, Conda - that would be fun!  

5 hours ago, alsoarty said:

I’m not wanting to add years to my life, I’m tired of it already, all these aches and pains... but I wonder if I climb backwards if it would take years off my life, like make me younger?

I interpreted adding years to your life as healthy and strong additions, let’s go that way!  :) 
Meet you in the circles, I’m playing with Conda!

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

I know it’s been bad in NJ, but I’ve joined you in the Midwest via Indiana and gosh, rain, rain, rain!   

I think I’ll follow you through those circles, Conda - that would be fun!  

I was wondering who all those folk were climbing through the circles. Hi Conda and Marilyn! I think I'll join you! And I wonder about that idea of climbing backwards??? Not that I'd want to be a little child again, but I wouldn't mind looking a few years younger! :D 

By the way, all you rainy folk: Florida is having a mini drought at the moment. Not much rain at all for the past month. Definitely weird everywhere! (Except on our World Tour ship, of course, where the weather is always perfect. :) )

May 22nd
Good news from the Barman; he has managed to get in the following drinks. Medovuha, a honey-based alcohol beverage. Kompot, boiled water with fruits and sugar served cold. And of course, some Vodka. I don't want to think about the deal he had to do get to that haul.

You do all realize that climbing through one of the rings to add a year to your life is just a myth? I will keep the secret of the person who got stuck trying to add twenty years to their life!

One of the things that add to the mystery and magic of the forest is the way the light sparkles thorough the trees.

Add a bit of sparkle to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Next, we head for London.

21 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

I will also keep the secret of the person who got stuck in the trees because I wasn't there. No, really. I wasn't. Nope. Not me. :rolleyes:
Hmm... that new drink sounds very interesting. Let's all meet in the bar as we sail to London and give it a try. ?:dancingelephant:

Sounds good and really???   Not there???   :rofl: