Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/21/2019 at 12:03 PM, MariJ said:

I interpreted adding years to your life as healthy and strong additions, let’s go that way!  :) 
Meet you in the circles, I’m playing with Conda!

Oh I can love that idea... adding years while growing younger sounds good to me.

14 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I will also keep the secret of the person who got stuck in the trees because I wasn't there. No, really. I wasn't. Nope. Not me. :rolleyes:
Hmm... that new drink sounds very interesting. Let's all meet in the bar as we sail to London and give it a try. ?:dancingelephant:

I'll meet you in the bar Diane and I'll have a Kompot with a touch of vodka as i think it should cure my headache.

17 hours ago, MariJ said:

May 22nd
Good news from the Barman; he has managed to get in the following drinks. Medovuha, a honey-based alcohol beverage. Kompot, boiled water with fruits and sugar served cold. And of course, some Vodka. I don't want to think about the deal he had to do get to that haul.

You do all realize that climbing through one of the rings to add a year to your life is just a myth? I will keep the secret of the person who got stuck trying to add twenty years to their life!

One of the things that add to the mystery and magic of the forest is the way the light sparkles thorough the trees.

Add a bit of sparkle to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Next, we head for London.

`Glad your keeping it a secret Marilyn I know it wasn't me :giggle_bear: If adding years to our lives makes us slim I'll gladly climb through hoops :) 

May 23rd
Ghosts, torture, execution, jewels and ...... Ravens

We are off to the most secure castle in the land. The mighty fortress known as The Tower of London. Apparently, the Tower's defences only failed once, that was back in 1381, so it should be safe from all of you.  It has been "home" to many rivals and enemies of the crown. Don't get any ideas!

Did you know all coins of the realm were made in The Tower from 1272 until 1810? 

One of the most famous legends of the tower surround the ravens. The story goes that should the ravens leave the Tower, both it and the kingdom will fall. 

London 1.jpgLondon 2.jpg

Start a new layout with a black background.

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Oh I love the Tower of London but did not know that about the coins!  I wonder what fun we can have here, but I guess we shouldn’t be caught in trouble - I certainly wouldn’t want to be left here!   :D

I think we should "explore" the crown jewels, don't you?  Maybe they've left a few just lying around! :D 

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

I think we should "explore" the crown jewels, don't you?  Maybe they've left a few just lying around! :D 

OOOhhhhh -- good idea, Diane!   Shhhhhhh......

7 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Oooooh the Tower of London... girls, you have to be proper now. No picking up of any coins lying around, not that I’m giving you some mischief ideas... 

C’mon Andrea - let’s see what Diane is finding!   ?

I have lots of photos of the 'Tower of London'.I attended two conferences for work 2 years running and the venue was 'The Tower', we had some time left over at end of the day and were able to visit all the exhibits as part of the day x 2, glad i wasn't on my own in the darkness wooo hooo !

I have to be out early tomorrow so I’m posting the challenge now!

May 24th
Today's drinks are tea, sorry guys only available hot with milk, and London Dry Gin. There is even a Beefeater on the bottle.

There is a saying that is often used in England. "I can only take you somewhere twice. The second time to apologize." I am surprised none of you got arrested. Whose idea was it to get a "closer look" at the Crown Jewels?

Any story explanation is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Let's just get the layout finished and get out of here before anything else happens, add a feather to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Feathers? Hmmmm ... as I point my finger at... oops, I’ve sworn to secrecy, it s sure was fun planning the heist, even if we didn’t  pull it of...right Debby? Um sorry I mean Diane... um sorry... um Sue and  Geraldine was in the planning of it all... luckily Geraldine has such a beautiful accent and got us out the jam we were in... and Celestine said she has the perfect hiding place in her bra, um fannypack.

3 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I'll take the beefeater Gin thanks Marilyn. I'm not a great tea drinker unless its Earl Grey or Green tea :) 

I blame those Ravens, they gave me a lift after I had the gin and if they hadn't squawked and dropped the feathers (I was holding on tight though) the others would have got away.

Here is mine Good Friends

OOOOOOohhhh..  The truth begins to unfold!   :rofl:

22 hours ago, MariJ said:

OOOhhhhh -- good idea, Diane!   Shhhhhhh......

C’mon Andrea - let’s see what Diane is finding!   ?

I want to go too...I just got back from my excursion North and have missed all the fun/mischief.

Here is my black/feather LO. I am going to try the Beefeaters....I'm not much of a gin drinker but I will try. When I travel I always try foods/drinks I have never tried before.  Hey girls that was fun with the ravens....Marilyn is a bird expert...well a chicken expert  from all those visits to her sisters chickens. Is that a black raven feather stuck in her hair????

8 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Feathers? Hmmmm ... as I point my finger at... oops, I’ve sworn to secrecy, it s sure was fun planning the heist, even if we didn’t  pull it of...right Debby? Um sorry I mean Diane... um sorry... um Sue and  Geraldine was in the planning of it all... luckily Geraldine has such a beautiful accent and got us out the jam we were in... and Celestine said she has the perfect hiding place in her bra, um fannypack.

Oh, Andrea, this had me laughing out loud! :rofl: Um... I mean... great explanation. :D 

10 hours ago, MariJ said:

It wasn't my fault! A raven came along and I decided to follow it. We all know birds are attracted to shiny things and it looked like this raven was trying to feather its nest. So I decided to help by adding a few shiny things to her nest. How was I supposed to know they were Crown Jewels??? (I mean besides the thick glass cases and armed guards? ) Fortunately the raven and several of her relatives came to my rescue by making such a racket that the guards got distracted and I got away. Oh... wait... When I say "I" or "me" I'm really referring to an UNKNOWN person, not me! :) 

43 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

It wasn't my fault! A raven came along and I decided to follow it. We all know birds are attracted to shiny things and it looked like this raven was trying to feather its nest. So I decided to help by adding a few shiny things to her nest. How was I supposed to know they were Crown Jewels??? (I mean besides the thick glass cases and armed guards? ) Fortunately the raven and several of her relatives came to my rescue by making such a racket that the guards got distracted and I got away. Oh... wait... When I say "I" or "me" I'm really referring to an UNKNOWN person, not me! :) 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:  Hmmmmm..>   That is SOME story and I’m wondering about the “Unknown” part!   :D

12 hours ago, MariJ said:

Did you know that some pieces of the crown jewels are detachable and morph into pendants or pins or the center of tiaras? I'm not saying what I snuck into my "fanny pack" but it sure wasn't the entire tiara. And Andrea - I'm not saying where you hid the scepter, other than I know you were having trouble sitting down on the tour bus.