Jump to content
ValerieT

Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

Ok, here's the deal.

I can help with any aches you girls are having, i'm a retired massage/reflexologist therapist, but in exchange for some, carbonated pale yellow nectar (champagne), cocktails, vino you know what I mean? :D

So, i will book the couch in the spa rooms and will see anyone between 8pm and 10pm on Monday's, Wednesday's.

I'll be there!! :) Yay you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

 Here is my LO.

Who else is going for champagne and chat ladies, it's been so much fun.

I'll be joining you and Marie-Christine for sure. And probably everyone else! We can chat about surviving the night in the castle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alsoarty said:

...no Champaign for me, I think I’m the only teetotaler in the group, but I sure love the chat idea...I’ll join you!

Great! See you at the chat. And you can just give your champagne to the rest of us, Andrea. I think there's fizzy spring water available, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the fairy tale gauntlet was thrown down, I instantly thought of this series of photos from my daughter's wedding. Someone once said they thought the photos looked like a fairy tale, and it has stuck with me since. The architecture comes in as part of the photo - it is a 19th century steel and iron factory that has been abandoned and allowed to be naturally reclaimed since the 1950s. Note the walls along the sides that form an alley that goes for a long distance. It is now part of a bike and hike trail system. Here is True Love's Kiss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mikelle said:

17th May
What did you all think of the castle? Do you think Dracula was ever there? Any answer to this is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

I'm a skeptic. I don't believe in Dracula, so I don't think he was ever at the castle. Now, do I think you could be scared by the idea of Dracula, especially at this castle, I wholeheartedly say, "YES!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alsoarty said:

...no Champaign for me, I think I’m the only teetotaler in the group, but I sure love the chat idea...I’ll join you!

Well, I talk a big talk but I just look at liquor and I get dizzy!   😵

Marie, thank you for the massages, very helpful!  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... I don’t believe in Dracula, just the thought and story they told sent shivers down my spine...so no, he was never there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HERE is my fantasy layout - I found a blueprint of a castle online and added that for the architectural element. Luckily for me my niece's daughter (they live in England now) had a final for college and these are the photos she shared with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my layout #7 - fairy tale and architecture - True Love's First Kiss. My son and his fiancée agreed that they would wait until their wedding to have their first kiss, so this layout shows their "fairy tale" story along with the architecture of the church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really sorry I haven't updated the passport until now. Ben has been in hospital with his epilepsy. He is fine now but today has been the first time I have had time to update the passport. If you think I have missed anything, please tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18th May
We have headed to the city of Klevan in the Ukraine. We have been invited to ride a train on a two mile stretch of private railway followed by a stroll back. So, what's so special about this railway? The railway and train have turned the surrounding trees into an enchanting natural tunnel. The romantic setting has earned this stretch of track the nickname of "The Tunnel of Love". Local legend has it that couples who visit the tunnel will be granted a wish, provided their intentions are sincere.

Ukraine 1.jpg

Ukraine 2.jpg

Start a new layout with love as your inspiration.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, alsoarty said:

...no Champaign for me, I think I’m the only teetotaler in the group, but I sure love the chat idea...I’ll join you!

Andrea, I'm also a teetotaler - we will still go to the bar, but we'll nurse our ginger ales, and just sit and laugh at the other girls' tipsy antics.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 9:53 AM, Celestine said:

Well, according Wikipedia, Corvin Castle was the high tech jail of its time, and it coincided with Vlad's lifespan - and he was supposedly jailed there - so it is entirely possible. Plus, you know, ghosts. So Dracula is a definite possibility, sleeping in the dungeons, coming out at night, roaming the halls, looking for tasty necks.

"Plus, you know, ghosts."  😂  LOL!  I too think Vlad the Impaler was imprisoned here.  They had to lock him up somewhere, and this being THE cool high-tech castle of the time and in the area... As for me, I was left alone all night.  Mosquitos are quite drawn to me, but not Dracula apparently?  Fine by me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, we are visiting such gorgeous places and this is so interesting and beautiful looking!
I hope one of our excursions today is a train ride through, I’d love to see this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this place is beautiful! We sure visit some interesting spots on this cruise. And at least this one isn't scary! :) It's put me into the mood for lounging and enjoying the sunshine. Anyone want to come up onto the sunshine deck with me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 11:00 PM, Mikelle said:

17th May
I am getting a bit worried about some of these drinks the Barman is finding, some of you cannot walk in a straight line anymore. Today's addition is Tuica, a potent "moonshine" distilled from plums.

What did you all think of the castle? Do you think Dracula was ever there? Any answer to this is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Add something to do with architecture to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I think it was that awful drink that kept Dracula and other nasties away as although I only had a bit all I saw was fairies with torches holding garlic. It turned into a fun night in that fun castle :) 

Here is my fantasy LO is inspired by Rapunzel. My DD and I were in the Old Clock Tower in Prague and I took this photo of her as it looked like she was trapped in the tower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ValerieT said:

I am really sorry I haven't updated the passport until now. Ben has been in hospital with his epilepsy. He is fine now but today has been the first time I have had time to update the passport. If you think I have missed anything, please tell me.

Sorry to hear Ben has been unwell but glad he is home now :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The destination images getting posted on this world tour thread are stunning, BTW. Had to show them to DH this morning. He was suitably impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Wow, this place is beautiful! We sure visit some interesting spots on this cruise. And at least this one isn't scary! :) It's put me into the mood for lounging and enjoying the sunshine. Anyone want to come up onto the sunshine deck with me?

Yes this place is stunning and I'm going to enjoy that train ride :) I'll join you for some sunshine Diane as I'm in the mood for lounging around and soaking up some of those rays. Its gone rather cold here :blinking-in-scarf: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Yes this place is stunning and I'm going to enjoy that train ride :) I'll join you for some sunshine Diane as I'm in the mood for lounging around and soaking up some of those rays. Its gone rather cold here :blinking-in-scarf: 

I'll join you two, Diane and Jane! It's rather gray and wet here today, so I'd like to get somewhere sunny. :happy-sun:😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SeeWhatSueSaw said:

I'll join you two, Diane and Jane! It's rather gray and wet here today, so I'd like to get somewhere sunny. :happy-sun:😎

It's great up here on deck! Oh... and that cute steward is bringing around cheese and crackers, too. What a life! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the free photo... would be perfect for wedding shots. I love cheese and crackers! I’m there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 7:00 AM, Mikelle said:

17th May
I am getting a bit worried about some of these drinks the Barman is finding, some of you cannot walk in a straight line anymore. Today's addition is Tuica, a potent "moonshine" distilled from plums.

What did you all think of the castle? Do you think Dracula was ever there? Any answer to this is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

Add something to do with architecture to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Well with all the garlic smell around I doubt Dracula stayed around but I do think he was here because I saw blood drip marks and drag lines. Are we missing anyone???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ValerieT said:

I am really sorry I haven't updated the passport until now. Ben has been in hospital with his epilepsy. He is fine now but today has been the first time I have had time to update the passport. If you think I have missed anything, please tell me.

Oh no....Poor Ben (you all too) I'm glad he is better. No worries about passport you need to take care of family first!

GET WELL BEN

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to do a bit of catching up as our youngest son (40yo) with CF was hspitalised on Sunday night with Influenza A & pneumonia even though he had the flu vax injection. He is now on the improve thank heavens.

Valerie it is good to hear that Ben is improving. It is so worrying when your kids go to hospital no matter how old they are.

Here are my WT19 #6 - White space & heat

and WT19 #7 - Fairytale & architecture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scrapgran said:

I had to do a bit of catching up as our youngest son (40yo) with CF was hspitalised on Sunday night with Influenza A & pneumonia even though he had the flu vax injection. He is now on the improve thank heavens.

Valerie it is good to hear that Ben is improving. It is so worrying when your kids go to hospital no matter how old they are.

Here are my WT19 #6 - White space & heat

and WT19 #7 - Fairytale & architecture

So glad your son is doing ok, Laraine.    Scary indeed.   And glad Ben is better also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwww so sorry to hear that. Glad he is doing better, and welcome back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×