Scrap Girls World Tour 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Celestine said:

Did you know that some pieces of the crown jewels are detachable and morph into pendants or pins or the center of tiaras? I'm not saying what I snuck into my "fanny pack" but it sure wasn't the entire tiara. And Andrea - I'm not saying where you hid the scepter, other than I know you were having trouble sitting down on the tour bus.

:rofl: I'm picturing your lumpy fanny pack... and poor Andrea! :lol: 

16 hours ago, MariJ said:

Whose idea was it to get a "closer look" at the Crown Jewels?

Any story explanation is worth a bonus stamp on the passport.

16 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Feathers? Hmmmm ... as I point my finger at... oops, I’ve sworn to secrecy, it s sure was fun planning the heist, even if we didn’t  pull it of...right Debby? Um sorry I mean Diane... um sorry... um Sue and  Geraldine was in the planning of it all... luckily Geraldine has such a beautiful accent and got us out the jam we were in... and Celestine said she has the perfect hiding place in her bra, um fannypack.

How did I get into this? Andrea has pointed her wobbly finger at lots of people including me!

Well, I definitely wanted a closer look at the crown jewels, but my idea was to sneak in after hours and press my nose up to the glass. What!? NO, of course I didn't try it. No, I won't explain why I was in a London jail overnight!

38 minutes ago, SeeWhatSueSaw said:

How did I get into this? Andrea has pointed her wobbly finger at lots of people including me!

Well, I definitely wanted a closer look at the crown jewels, but my idea was to sneak in after hours and press my nose up to the glass. What!? NO, of course I didn't try it. No, I won't explain why I was in a London jail overnight!

Uh-OHHhhhhhhhhhhh.......

4 hours ago, Celestine said:

Did you know that some pieces of the crown jewels are detachable and morph into pendants or pins or the center of tiaras? I'm not saying what I snuck into my "fanny pack" but it sure wasn't the entire tiara. And Andrea - I'm not saying where you hid the scepter, other than I know you were having trouble sitting down on the tour bus.

So was THAT the gorgeous jewel in your necklace the other night???   I noticed how it sparkled!

May 25th
After yesterday's fiasco we have headed over to Northern Ireland. I hope there is no trouble here.

Today we travel in the shadow of giants. Ready for another legend?

There was once an Irish Giant called Fionn mac Cumhaill who was challenged to a fight by a Scotsman called Benandonner.  A causeway was built to cross the North Channel so the two giants could meet.  In one version of the legend Fionn defeats Benandonner.  In another Fionn hides from Benandonner, who is much bigger than him.  Fionn then tricks Benandonner into believing he is a giant among giants.  In both versions, Benandonner destroys the causeway so that Fionn would be unable to chase him.

Welcome to the Giants Causeway, County Antrim. It is an area of about 40,000 interlocking columns.

Ireland.jpg

Start a new layout and crop your photos or paper mats to a five, six, seven or eight sided shape. 
Feel free to use a template if you wish.

Remember no task on Sunday but more fun to follow on Monday!  

1 hour ago, alsoarty said:

Marilyn - you and I can get some deck chairs moved over to this beach, and watch, and laugh, at everyone trying not to slip on that moss. We'll bring something to eat and drink, so it'll be like the movies.

Movie....like a comedy!!!!...Ill bring some bandaids and an ace bandage for the scrapes and sprains.

5 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Marilyn - you and I can get some deck chairs moved over to this beach, and watch, and laugh, at everyone trying not to slip on that moss. We'll bring something to eat and drink, so it'll be like the movies.

4 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Movie....like a comedy!!!!...Ill bring some bandaids and an ace bandage for the scrapes and sprains.

Sounds like fun!  I did try walking VERY carefully,  Diane and Geraldine helped me and it was SOoooooo gorgeous!

My daughter and her husband are in Ireland now I wonder if they visited these interesting stones. I know they have been driving all over, I guess I will check with her when they get home.

I cannot believe how fast this trip is going, this is the last week.

27th May
Sorry but it's more alcohol brought in by the Barman today. We have Irish Whiskey and Guinness available.

Did anyone spot the Giant’s Boot? What about the Chimney Stacks?

Add another shape of your choice to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Perfect drinks,  I love Guinness on tap. Dear daughter and SIL are in Ireland now celebrating 20 years of marriage, drinking Guinness and I am so jealous.

No one slipped on the rocks so I have un -used bandaids and an ace bandage. Chimney stacks??? Giants boot? I guess I missed that.

Here is my shapes page.

Whew! I made it over the rocks without breaking anything. Sorry about the comedy routine! :D Now that the Barman has brought us some more interesting drinks maybe I'll give those rocks one more try! See you all later at the sauna and hopefully not at Debby's first aid station!

57 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Whew! I made it over the rocks without breaking anything. Sorry about the comedy routine! :D Now that the Barman has brought us some more interesting drinks maybe I'll give those rocks one more try! See you all later at the sauna and hopefully not at Debby's first aid station!

I'll join you in the sauna... maybe we can hit the steam room after that Diane. we'll avoid Debby's first aid station.

5 hours ago, CRS said:

27th May
Sorry but it's more alcohol brought in by the Barman today. We have Irish Whiskey and Guinness available.

Did anyone spot the Giant’s Boot? What about the Chimney Stacks?

Add another shape of your choice to your layout. When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I missed the chimney stack but that boot freaked me out as he must have taken it off before going to sleep as I could hear this strange noise a bit like thunder so I crept away before he heard me :) 

I'll take the guiness its good for you :) 

Here is my LO .....Look Dad I'm climbing :) 

28th May
We have crossed the Atlantic to Canada. A trip has been organized to The Spotted Lake (Lake Kliluk) in British Columbia.

This lake is full of minerals, including magnesium sulfate, calcium, sodium sulfates, silver and even titanium. When the water evaporates in the summer the minerals are revealed in the "spots" of the lake. 

Canada.jpeg.bebfb5c9a2605cd89b8cb66d294ac3fe.jpeg

Start a new layout and use a spotted paper somewhere.