Jump to content

Recommended Posts

With iNSD right around the corner (this weekend) it got me thinking.  Is there a technique that you'd really love to learn more about?  Or have you seen a layout recently that you wondered, "how did they do that"

Now's your time to ask the question, and hopefully someone will be able to give you some pointers on how they would achieve the look/technique

ps.  And if it's a layout from our gallery or on one of our products page don't forget to give us a link so we can take a look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, I love this effect and could not learn how to do it because the designer left SG. That was several years ago. I appreciate any help on this one and I have PE to work with. Man, I would hug you so much and dance for joy if you could help me on this one!!!

KMC_RosesAreRed_LO_300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an idea. I think it may have an overlay with a vivid light or one of those blending modes? Who's the designer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to learn how to make a custom type path, where the type winds along a line or curly cues... I knew at one point how to do it, but can’t remember now, and I’m several Photoshops down the road now.  I use PS CS6.  When I’m home later, I’ll find one old LO I did where my type winds along a treble clef that I drew...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DixieLee said:

yes, I love this effect and could not learn how to do it because the designer left SG. That was several years ago. I appreciate any help on this one and I have PE to work with. Man, I would hug you so much and dance for joy if you could help me on this one!!!

KMC_RosesAreRed_LO_300.jpg

The photo itself probably has some sort of style or action applied to it to give it that dark color.  But them there's definitely on overlay of some type on it.  

I did a set awhile back for a club Capturing Moments - Texture

ABR_SSPaper_CaptMomenTexture_MKT.jpg

That I left as colored (and also grey scale)  You can use ANY type of paper or overlay on your photo.

The text is just some sort of brush/overlay similar to these Brush: Manuscript

ABR_Brush_Manuscript_MKT.jpg

 

I did a tutorial on adding texture to photos  HERE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The designer was KMC "Roses are Red" do you know her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KMC was Kimberly McKeen.  I don't think she was with us very long.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smiles said:

KMC was Kimberly McKeen.  I don't think she was with us very long.

 

Yeah, she wasn't with us very long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I would like to learn how to make a custom type path, where the type winds along a line or curly cues... I knew at one point how to do it, but can’t remember now, and I’m several Photoshops down the road now.  I use PS CS6.  When I’m home later, I’ll find one old LO I did where my type winds along a treble clef that I drew...

Does this tutorial help (I have to look it up everytime I want to do it also, just don't use it enough)

https://scrapgirls.com/all-posts/journaling-inside-a-shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, angleigh said:

Does this tutorial help (I have to look it up everytime I want to do it also, just don't use it enough)

https://scrapgirls.com/all-posts/journaling-inside-a-shape

I think that was part of the problem the last time this was talked about;  you can’t do it in PSE.   April talks about a tool that’s in later versions but I don’t have it in my PSE.   If anyone has a way to do it, please share! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×