Color choices for single themed album

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for reading my question.  I am working on a 12x12 travel album, specifically a trip our extended family made to Ireland; it will end up at about 15 physical pages, so 30 or so double spreads.  I like to use 'wallpaper' on each page, but am not sure if I use some shade of green on each, considering the location, or mix it up.  

I'd love to hear how you've dealt with single themed albums as far as coloring.

Thanks so much,

Maryanne

I haven’t done many themed albums, but I was thinking that collections/kits might be a good way to go - if you use a large collection that includes several coordinating papers, the pages would complement each other, but not necessarily all look the same.  I’ve seen several ladies here use one collection for a whole year of their Project Life layouts, for example.  I’m a very random scrapper, I tend to use whatever supplies happen to jump onto my page!

Good idea Mikelle. If you find a collection with loads of paper and EMB’s that will be easy to do. And also a lot of collections here do work with each other. Ireland also have more castles than England and Scotland. (I remember reading that somewhere online). Good luck I’m excited to see your pages.

I try to stick with neutral backgrounds then use colored embellishments and papers for mats that go will with the pictures on each page. I am looking forward to seeing these pages.  I also like to get lots of travel related collections for travel albums, I find that most have a embellishment useful for man pages. Have fun..

Thank you, ladies!  I worked on the album yesterday at a NSD event here in the Denver area. I was using as suggested, with neutral backgrounds and color in embellishments and mats.  Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll post some pics soon.