iNSD Weekend Wildcard Challenge

Join me in the chatroom at 12 noon EDT for a iNSD edition of the Weekend Wildcard Challenge.

I love this time of year, with all the blossom around. I even love it when the blossom falls and scatters on the ground, it makes me think of confetti at a wedding.

For today's challenge I thought we could add a scatter to our layouts. You could make your own or use a pre-made scatter. You could have flowers, leaves, gems, stone or even letters. You might want to use a brush and add a style to create yours. The choices are endless.

During the chat I will give you the link to a freebie that includes a scatter that you could use.

When you are finished upload your layout to the iNSD Gallery.

Make sure you use Weekend Challenge in your title so that it can be identified for the challenge chase and eligible for layout of the week.

Here are the ideas we talked about in the chat;

• use a scatter as the base for your cluster. You can add it before or after you create your cluster.
  • Feel free to use a pre-made scatter.
  • Create your own using a brush. Solid brushes work best. Dynamic brushes are good for this as well.
  • Use the custom shape tool.
  • When using a brush or shape, add a style or paper, don't forget a small shadow.
  • Use any embellishment.
  • Flowers, leaves and gems all work well. But don't forget letters and words they can work as well.
  • Remember to vary the size and rotation of your brush/shape/embellishment.
  • Remember when creating your scatter, confetti on the ground is clustered together in some places and spaced out in others.

Here are some brushes and custom shapes that would work well for a scatter;
ScrapSimple Tools - Shapes: Sweet 16 Hearts
ScrapSimple Tools - Shapes: Build A Flower
Dynamic Brush Set: Confetti Scatter 6301
Dynamic Brush Set: Letter and Number Scatters Biggie
Dynamic Brush Set: Prints 8301
Dynamic Brush Set: Spellbound
Dynamic Brush Set: Musical Movement

These are just a few I found quickly. If you have been collecting brushes for years there maybe some retired ones that will work well. Don't forget the brushes and shapes included with the program you use for scrapbooking.

I was gone most of the weekend, and missed activities for iNSD, but are we still able to use the Weekend Wildcard challenge for use of a scatter for the May Challenge Chase? I assume I post it in the Weekend Wildcard Gallery? 

17 hours ago, Celestine said:

I was gone most of the weekend, and missed activities for iNSD, but are we still able to use the Weekend Wildcard challenge for use of a scatter for the May Challenge Chase? I assume I post it in the Weekend Wildcard Gallery? 

I would think that’s fine Celestine.   The rule is you can only use it for one prize but since you’re not eligble for the iNSD one it’s a Weekend Wildcard layout!