9 PM Eastern Speed Scrap

Anyone feel the need to for Speed? Join me for a Speed Scrap to cap off a fun day of scrapping! I have 6 tasks to share throughout the hour. You never know what we may encounter at these high speeds, so buckle up and get ready for some fun!

We'll be starting at 9 pm est, so have your photos, supplies and software ready to go! If you can't make the chat, or if gremlins are reeking havoc, I'll post the tasks in this thread as I reveal them in the chat.

Members who post their completed layouts in the Scrap Girls InterNational Scrapbook Day Gallery for all 8 of our InterNational Scrapbooking Day chats will be entered into a drawing for a $20 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate! The challenges for each chat will be posted in the International Scrapbooking Day Forum.

To enter the drawing, send an email with your 8 layout links to games@scrapgirls.com. Emails must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday May 5, 2019, to qualify for the drawing.

Here we go!

We are just past the half way point of the high school softball season! I was supposed to spend the day at the ball park, as I have almost every night this past week, but we were rained out! So, I thought I’d share some of the highlights with you all as challenges for this Speed Scrap!

So, for the first task, since we are warming up for the game, stretch deep into your photos and find some action shots to use for today’s Scrap. You can use as many or as few as you like. If you really don’t have any action photos, you can use any outdoor photos you have.

The home team is taking the field! Batter Up! The first batter strikes out on the first 3 pitches! Add an embellishment to your layout and repeat it 2 more times, for a total of 3 embellishments. The next batter gets a single, so add 1 embellishment to your layout. The third batter is up and hits into a double play to end the inning, so add 2 more embellishments to your layout. If you lost count, here is a recap:

Add 1 embellishment and repeat that embellishment 2 times for a total of 3, then add 3 different embellishments for a total of 6 embellishments.

Our turn to bat! The first batter gets a hit, and the next one walks. The third batter hits a 3 run homerun over the fence! Add 3 papers to your layout. Feel free to trim them in strips, blend them together or use them however you would like.

The next few batters get out and there really isn’t any more excitement until the 4th inning, while the home team is batting. There is a runner on 3rd and the pitcher throws the ball over the head of the catcher and the runner scores! But home plate is covered in dirt, so the umpire calls time to brush off the plate. For task #4, use a brush on your layout!

Back on the field, the home team runs into a tough batter. She keeps fouling the ball, making our pitcher throw lots of pitches! Finally, the batter hits the ball, right at the 3rd baseman, and she bobbles it and makes an error. So, for task #5, delete 1 embellishment from your layout!

Fortunately, the error didn’t hurt the team at all, and the game progresses to the 7th and final inning. The home team is up 4-0, with 3 outs to go to win the game. For our final task, add at least 4 lines of journaling and a 3-word title. Add any additional touches you would like and make sure you love your layouts! There are no Speed Scrap Police, so if putting your layout together takes longer than an hour, I won’t tell! Good Game Everyone!

1 hour ago, SeeWhatSueSaw said:

Carla, I missed your chat, so I guess I'll be doing a slow scrap. What are the 6 requirements for a layout?

You didn't miss it, it hasn't happened yet. It's at 9 pm est tonight!

I’m so sorry I missed this chat - I’m not good with speed but I love baseball!    I was actually finally home from an overly busy weekend and planning to come, but then I fell asleep waiting and woke up after 11:30 wondering where I was!  :hit-head-with-hammer: