May 2019 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

?????????????

CAN YOU GUESS?  This month's recipe swap theme is FANTASTIC FRUIT!!

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2019.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.
  • You will receive a download link from the store for your freebie. 

Remember, each month you participate in the swap this year you will receive a free piece of the Home Cooked collection designed exclusively for our recipe swap participants.  If you participate each month, you will receive the entire collection!  Thank you, Angie, you are awesome!!

ABR_HomeCook_Full.jpg.ab0973a8427a1de62a7d97745c504b59.jpg

I have a bunch of old pie recipes from my grandmother I haven't scrapped. I'll take a look through them and see if there are any fruit pies. I know there is pecan, but there has to be at least an apple pie recipe.

I found a bunch for fruit recipes in my grandmother's binder. She has a basic crust recipe, then has a bunch of different fillings (not all fruit). I'll see what I can get scrapped. Should be fun!

12 minutes ago, CRS said:

I found a bunch for fruit recipes in my grandmother's binder. She has a basic crust recipe, then has a bunch of different fillings (not all fruit). I'll see what I can get scrapped. Should be fun!

This sounds perfect Carla!!

6 hours ago, Smiles said:

oh, my mother made the best rhubarb custard pie.  The recipe was from her WWII era Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

Oh Gayle that sounds so good!   I’m at my sister’s in Indiana right now and eating homemade strawberry-rhubarb homemade pie with home-grown rhubarb!    Since I’m not a fan of strawberries I pick them out, but I LOVE custard!  
Sure hope you can find that recipe!   :)

On 5/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, Smiles said:

oh, my mother made the best rhubarb custard pie.  The recipe was from her WWII era Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

I'm not sure I have ever heard of Rhubarb Custard, sounds delish!  Rhubarb pie was my SIL's favorite and requested on her birthdays.  

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Banana bread
Pumpkin bread
Lemon Scones
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Strawberry Danish
Blackberry Cobbler

How about various kinds of fruit salads, too?  Diane makes the yummiest cranberry mold type one that she brings to family events and everyone loves it. 
Maybe I can get her to scrap it (or share the recipe?)   :D

I have a fruit salad recipe to scrap, just need to find the time. I found the fruit fillings for my grandmother's pies, but can't find the recipe for the crust! I must have it somewhere.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, MariJ said:

How about various kinds of fruit salads, too?  Diane makes the yummiest cranberry mold type one that she brings to family events and everyone loves it. 

Fruit is fruit!!!

11 hours ago, CRS said:

I have a fruit salad recipe to scrap, just need to find the time. I found the fruit fillings for my grandmother's pies, but can't find the recipe for the crust! I must have it somewhere.

I never eat the crust anyway, I only like the filling!   ?

Occasionally I’ll find someone who only likes the crust and not the filling and we get along fine.   :rofl:

11 hours ago, MariJ said:

I never eat the crust anyway, I only like the filling!   ?

Occasionally I’ll find someone who only likes the crust and not the filling and we get along fine.   :rofl:

My girls are like that with ice cream cake...Brooke eats the vanilla half and Lauren eats the chocolate half! We aren't big pie eaters because of the crust, but my dad and his family sure were!

3 hours ago, CRS said:

My girls are like that with ice cream cake...Brooke eats the vanilla half and Lauren eats the chocolate half! We aren't big pie eaters because of the crust, but my dad and his family sure were!

That’s funny about your girls, perfect complements!
And hmmm...    Now I am thinking - not liking crusts is one reason I like cobblers so much.   That and the ice cream that goes on top!   

I found it!  Rhubarb Custard Pie.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture, because you need one to appreciate what it will be like.  This is unlike any rhubarb pie you've ever had, and even folks who say they don't like rhubarb pie usually like this one.  If you want the full experience, use the 1& 1/2 C. sugar.

My mother's recipe card looks about like that one, except it was handwritten.  We always called it rhubarb cream pie, but the original recipe called it rhubarb custard pie.  A true family favorite.

2 minutes ago, Smiles said:

I found it!  Rhubarb Custard Pie.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture, because you need one to appreciate what it will be like.  This is unlike any rhubarb pie you've ever had, and even folks who say they don't like rhubarb pie usually like this one.  If you want the full experience, use the 1& 1/2 C. sugar.

My mother's recipe card looks about like that one, except it was handwritten.  We always called it rhubarb cream pie, but the original recipe called it rhubarb custard pie.  A true family favorite.

Thanks for scrapping this, Gayle and I love your special story.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:24 PM, MariJ said:

That’s funny about your girls, perfect complements!
And hmmm...    Now I am thinking - not liking crusts is one reason I like cobblers so much.   That and the ice cream that goes on top!   

I don't mind crust, but sometimes I think "why waste the calories".  LOL  Like, I've eaten a whole piece of the pie, but not eating the crust makes it ok.  ?

On 5/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, MariJ said:

ANY recipe with ANY fruit counts!!