Jump to content
SodScrap

May 2019 Recipe Swap

Recommended Posts

🥝🍌🍇🍈🍒🍊🍉🍍🍐🍓🍑🍋🍏

CAN YOU GUESS?  This month's recipe swap theme is FANTASTIC FRUIT!!

 

  • To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2019.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.
  • You will receive a download link from the store for your freebie. 

Remember, each month you participate in the swap this year you will receive a free piece of the Home Cooked collection designed exclusively for our recipe swap participants.  If you participate each month, you will receive the entire collection!  Thank you, Angie, you are awesome!!

ABR_HomeCook_Full.jpg.ab0973a8427a1de62a7d97745c504b59.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yum its mouthwatering just looking at that fruit. I have a few recipes that will suit this challenge :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YUMMY - I was just thinking about fruit today and how much I miss it. I have a recipe that can would like to share though. I candy my mom used to make from watermelon skin... the white part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yum...I think I will have to look up something special for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemon pie
Cherry Pie
Apple Pie
Strawberry Pie
Raisin Pie
Banana Cream Pie

JUST SAYIN'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll  take a bit of the lemon, cherry and apple pie.........not being gready at all as have left plenty. YUM :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bunch of old pie recipes from my grandmother I haven't scrapped. I'll take a look through them and see if there are any fruit pies. I know there is pecan, but there has to be at least an apple pie recipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I'll  take a bit of the lemon, cherry and apple pie.........not being gready at all as have left plenty. YUM :banana:

It's FRUIT, so it's all good!  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmm.  I’m thinking my Mom’s famous blueberry cheese poundcake.  Have to look to see if the recipe works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a bunch for fruit recipes in my grandmother's binder. She has a basic crust recipe, then has a bunch of different fillings (not all fruit). I'll see what I can get scrapped. Should be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CRS said:

I found a bunch for fruit recipes in my grandmother's binder. She has a basic crust recipe, then has a bunch of different fillings (not all fruit). I'll see what I can get scrapped. Should be fun!

This sounds perfect Carla!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an oldie but a goodie recipe for us.  I've made it so many times.  It came from a 1997 Cooking light magazine. A dessert for 2, perfect for my hubby and me!

Upside-Down Berry Cakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, my mother made the best rhubarb custard pie.  The recipe was from her WWII era Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smiles said:

oh, my mother made the best rhubarb custard pie.  The recipe was from her WWII era Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

Oh Gayle that sounds so good!   I’m at my sister’s in Indiana right now and eating homemade strawberry-rhubarb homemade pie with home-grown rhubarb!    Since I’m not a fan of strawberries I pick them out, but I LOVE custard!  
Sure hope you can find that recipe!   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banana bread
Pumpkin bread
Lemon Scones
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Strawberry Danish
Blackberry Cobbler

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, Smiles said:

oh, my mother made the best rhubarb custard pie.  The recipe was from her WWII era Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

I'm not sure I have ever heard of Rhubarb Custard, sounds delish!  Rhubarb pie was my SIL's favorite and requested on her birthdays.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Banana bread
Pumpkin bread
Lemon Scones
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Strawberry Danish
Blackberry Cobbler

 

How about various kinds of fruit salads, too?  Diane makes the yummiest cranberry mold type one that she brings to family events and everyone loves it. 
Maybe I can get her to scrap it (or share the recipe?)   :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a fruit salad recipe to scrap, just need to find the time. I found the fruit fillings for my grandmother's pies, but can't find the recipe for the crust! I must have it somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, MariJ said:

How about various kinds of fruit salads, too?  Diane makes the yummiest cranberry mold type one that she brings to family events and everyone loves it. 
Maybe I can get her to scrap it (or share the recipe?)   :D

Fruit is fruit!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CRS said:

I have a fruit salad recipe to scrap, just need to find the time. I found the fruit fillings for my grandmother's pies, but can't find the recipe for the crust! I must have it somewhere.

I never eat the crust anyway, I only like the filling!   😱

Occasionally I’ll find someone who only likes the crust and not the filling and we get along fine.   :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MariJ said:

I never eat the crust anyway, I only like the filling!   😱

Occasionally I’ll find someone who only likes the crust and not the filling and we get along fine.   :rofl:

My girls are like that with ice cream cake...Brooke eats the vanilla half and Lauren eats the chocolate half! We aren't big pie eaters because of the crust, but my dad and his family sure were!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CRS said:

My girls are like that with ice cream cake...Brooke eats the vanilla half and Lauren eats the chocolate half! We aren't big pie eaters because of the crust, but my dad and his family sure were!

That’s funny about your girls, perfect complements!
And hmmm...    Now I am thinking - not liking crusts is one reason I like cobblers so much.   That and the ice cream that goes on top!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it!  Rhubarb Custard Pie.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture, because you need one to appreciate what it will be like.  This is unlike any rhubarb pie you've ever had, and even folks who say they don't like rhubarb pie usually like this one.  If you want the full experience, use the 1& 1/2 C. sugar.

My mother's recipe card looks about like that one, except it was handwritten.  We always called it rhubarb cream pie, but the original recipe called it rhubarb custard pie.  A true family favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smiles said:

I found it!  Rhubarb Custard Pie.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture, because you need one to appreciate what it will be like.  This is unlike any rhubarb pie you've ever had, and even folks who say they don't like rhubarb pie usually like this one.  If you want the full experience, use the 1& 1/2 C. sugar.

My mother's recipe card looks about like that one, except it was handwritten.  We always called it rhubarb cream pie, but the original recipe called it rhubarb custard pie.  A true family favorite.

Thanks for scrapping this, Gayle and I love your special story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 12:24 PM, MariJ said:

That’s funny about your girls, perfect complements!
And hmmm...    Now I am thinking - not liking crusts is one reason I like cobblers so much.   That and the ice cream that goes on top!   

I don't mind crust, but sometimes I think "why waste the calories".  LOL  Like, I've eaten a whole piece of the pie, but not eating the crust makes it ok.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, MariJ said:

How about various kinds of fruit salads, too?  Diane makes the yummiest cranberry mold type one that she brings to family events and everyone loves it. 
Maybe I can get her to scrap it (or share the recipe?)   :D

ANY recipe with ANY fruit counts!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×