Weekend Wildcard June 1st 2019

Mikelle

A couple of weeks ago, I was able to spend a few hours with my younger daughter at a kids’ activity camp on the Guadalupe River (in South Texas).  While there I took this photo of a bee hovering near a flower.  I love the colors in the photo, and so I decided to make a color palette based on the photo.  Your challenge is to create a layout using the color palette generated from the photo, OR create a layout inspired in some way by the photo itself: think flowers, bees, insects, spring, hot weather, meadow… I can’t wait to see what you come up with!  Post your layouts in the Weekend Wildcard Challenge gallery, and don’t forget to post a link to your layout in this thread so we can find it easily. 

Here is a link to the full size color palette, and below are links to several collections that would be perfect for this challenge.  You are not required to use these collections, they are just suggestions - and there are many more in the shop!

The Lavender Fields Collection Biggie (Butterfly Dsign)

Lavender Fields Collection (ML Design)

Lavender Fields Collection Biggie (Sekada Designs)

Best Ever Collection Mini (DRB Designs)

Wisteria Collection Mini (DRB Designs)

Morning Heather Collection (Aimee Harrison)

Amethyst Mist Collection Biggie (Laura Louie)

Psyche & Cupid Collection Biggie (Designs By Helly)

La Belle Vie Collection Mini (Amanda Fraijo-Tobin)

MoRanchSA_1ComboThumb.jpg

I hope your move is going well. Thank you for doing this challenge with all you have going on. Here is my page with some old photos of dear daughter and granddaughter

Here is my layout:  Beautiful    I used the same photo that I based the color palette on, but I played with the blending modes and landed on a combination of color burn and linear burn.

Yes, we're in the midst of moving chaos, and thanks for all the well-wishes.  DH tore his meniscus, too, so that isn't helping anything.  Right now I've got the girls gathering all their stuff together that we don't want the packers to pack; the girls additionally have all sorts of things going on this weekend, like sleepovers, birthday parties, swim parties... in between everything else I'm trying to run them all around.  But, it will all get done - the packers come on Monday for 3 days (we have so much stuff), and then the movers come on Thursday!  ?

5 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Here is my layout:  Beautiful    I used the same photo that I based the color palette on, but I played with the blending modes and landed on a combination of color burn and linear burn.

Yes, we're in the midst of moving chaos, and thanks for all the well-wishes.  DH tore his meniscus, too, so that isn't helping anything.  Right now I've got the girls gathering all their stuff together that we don't want the packers to pack; the girls additionally have all sorts of things going on this weekend, like sleepovers, birthday parties, swim parties... in between everything else I'm trying to run them all around.  But, it will all get done - the packers come on Monday for 3 days (we have so much stuff), and then the movers come on Thursday!  ?

Oh my goodness, that seems to have come so quickly!   Good luck Mikelle and oh no....  About the meniscus.  
So good of you to be scrapping and hosting a challenge.    Take care - go well!  :) 

When I saw purple, I'm like hello, favorite color, holla! For some reason I struggled with this challenge. 3 different photos and 3 different layouts this is what I ended up with. Pansy I had a similar photo with the same kind of flower (maybe it's native to Texas?) and a flower with a bee photo but I've used both already. lol!

Mikelle, I sure don't envy you moving across country but I do wish you well! Good Luck