June 2019 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

JUNE.  No.  Way.  How does this happen so quickly?  And when I'm not even done with my May "to-dos"???  Anyone else?  No, it's just me?    :dunno:  

????????️?

This month's theme is Vegetables and Salads.  Any salad.  Any vegetable.  (Does not have to be a vegetable salad.)  

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, SUNDAY, JUNE 30, 2019.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.
  • You will receive a download link from the store for your freebie. 

Remember, each month you participate in the swap this year you will receive a free piece of the Home Cooked collection designed exclusively for our recipe swap participants.  If you participate each month, you will receive the entire collection!  Thank you, Angie, you are awesome!!

ABR_HomeCook_Full.jpg.ab0973a8427a1de62a7d97745c504b59.jpg

8 minutes ago, MariJ said:

No-no-no, NOT just you, Conda!  Sigh......
Ok for vegetables, I should have a few!   And I laughed outloud at, “(Does not have to be a vegetable salad.)"

You’re on a roll this morning!!!   :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm hoping someone has a chocolate salad recipe!  :lol:

Here is my Waldorf Salad

My mom  and grandmother used to make this. When your said the salad didn't have to be a "vegetable one "this is what I thought of. Thank you for those memories.

You have inspired me so I'm going to make this for our dock party tonight.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:10 PM, alsoarty said:

HERE is my card for the month. Cilantro is the best herb ever! I do sometimes add Avocado and whip it up to make a creamy version.

Oh dear- I am one for whom cilantro tastes like soap. I do not have the "I love cilantro gene" Even the smell of it makes me a bit nauseous. I wish I could love it- it's very popular.

10 hours ago, beatricemi said:

Oh dear- I am one for whom cilantro tastes like soap. I do not have the "I love cilantro gene" Even the smell of it makes me a bit nauseous. I wish I could love it- it's very popular.

Same....I cannot stand the taste, it's so bitter to me!!  

Great recipes so far this month!  There is still time to get your recipes to me, the deadline is midnight tonight.  (However, I will be in bed LONG before midnight, SO as long as you get it in before I'm up and around)

1 hour ago, Smiles said:

Nancy's Apple Salad

I'm sharing my stepmother's wonderful - and very easy - apple salad recipe.  It's probably a variant of Waldorf salad.  It's great for holiday meals.

No wonder I liked the sound of this salad, I like Waldorf!
I keep forgetting to write you that I tried the Rhubarb pie.  It was good, but I think I did something wrong; possibly put in too much rhubarb because it took WAY to long to set/cook so that when it finally was finished it was brown!   I still liked it but have to try again.   

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

No wonder I liked the sound of this salad, I like Waldorf!
I keep forgetting to write you that I tried the Rhubarb pie.  It was good, but I think I did something wrong; possibly put in too much rhubarb because it took WAY to long to set/cook so that when it finally was finished it was brown!   I still liked it but have to try again.   

The custard will make almost a crust on top - it should be light brown.  That extra half cup of sugar might make it set up faster, too.

5 hours ago, Smiles said:

The custard will make almost a crust on top - it should be light brown.  That extra half cup of sugar might make it set up faster, too.

Ok, thanks Gayle then maybe I might have gotten it right;  it just took much longer to set then the recipe said.   But it was really good!   I had too much rhubarb so cut and then froze the rest so I will be making it again.  :)