Tuesday Newsletter Challenge 6-11

Boatlady

It's a busy month but let's not forget Fathers. With fathers day around the corner let's create layouts of your father or someone who is like a dad to you. When you are done with your special LO post it to the Newsletter Challenge  We look forward to seeing lots of Dads in the Gallery. Have fun

After looking for a decent photo of my dad by himself for an hour (he passed before digital and was the photographer in the family, so guess who isn't in any pics), I resorted to scrapping something of husband playing role of dad at our daughter's wedding. I need to seriously dig into some boxes of old family photos stored in the basement - that will be my next project after I get these crazy wedding photos done - LOL. Long explanation, but I am more than shocked (and a little distraught) that I couldn't find any good images of dad by himself - or even with my daughter as an infant - in my own albums. Anyway, here is Dad & Daughter Dance.

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

After looking for a decent photo of my dad by himself for an hour (he passed before digital and was the photographer in the family, so guess who isn't in any pics), I resorted to scrapping something of husband playing role of dad at our daughter's wedding. I need to seriously dig into some boxes of old family photos stored in the basement - that will be my next project after I get these crazy wedding photos done - LOL. Long explanation, but I am more than shocked (and a little distraught) that I couldn't find any good images of dad by himself - or even with my daughter as an infant - in my own albums. Anyway, here is Dad & Daughter Dance.

You’re right, it was such a different world before digital.   We have loads of family movies and my Dad and uncle are rarely in them because they were taking them.

8 minutes ago, MariJ said:

You’re right, it was such a different world before digital.   We have loads of family movies and my Dad and uncle are rarely in them because they were taking them.

Isn't that the truth about the photographer never being in the photos? ?  I found one pretty lousy pic of dad with my daughter when she was a few weeks old, and he was wearing a white t-shirt and sweats, clearly having just woken up - probably to a screaming baby - haha. He would roll over in his grave if I posted a pic of him so under-dressed on a public forum, so I didn't. ?

26 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Isn't that the truth about the photographer never being in the photos? ?  I found one pretty lousy pic of dad with my daughter when she was a few weeks old, and he was wearing a white t-shirt and sweats, clearly having just woken up - probably to a screaming baby - haha. He would roll over in his grave if I posted a pic of him so under-dressed on a public forum, so I didn't. ?

That’s so true, too!   My Dad was always dressed “correctly” in those days; it was a different era.