Tuesday Newsletter Challenge 6/18/2019

SodScrap

I don't know about you, but I started out paper scrapping before going digital.  Today let's create a layout that takes us back to paper scrapping.  WHAT??  What does this mean??  No brushes, masks or blending.  And lots of cut out papers and layers, buttons, stickers, etc.  

Tell us what you think of when you think of paper scrapping.  I think of paper trimmers and paper punches.  I really liked torn paper edges and even bought a sewing machine to add stitches to my papers and layouts.  I even think "in the beginning" I didn't use very many patterned papers.  What was a favorite technique you used?  

Post your completed layout in the Newsletter Challenge Gallery and share a link back here for us all to see.

I had fun thinking back to my paper scrapping days.  So many different tools, pens, markers in all the colors.  Adhesives.  Glitter.  I did sometimes print my journaling on the computer.  Titles?  Were they hand-lettered?  I need to get out my albums and look.  I also know in the very beginning we were limited (in my opinion) to stickers for embellishments.  I think I used alpha stickers a lot as well.  I really can't wait to hear what you have to say!!

I need to figure out the title for my layout.  None of the ones that come to mind seem fitting.  I will do (another) internet search and see what I can come up with.  

16 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Oh!  So, I have my title done!  Now, for embellishments.  One of the embellishments I added a white stroke to it to make it look like a sticker.  :)  

That’s a good idea, Conda!  
I had a hard time not blending on my page;  it made me realize how often I do in digital scrapping and how much I enjoy it.  And how much I love digital scrapping.  :)

Here’s mine - 
Wildflowers

Here is my paper page

I loved paper scrapping back in the day. I had a room with 2 8ft tables all set up for scrapping!!! that made it easier. I used to go away for weekends with my daughter and friends. I made 18 Creative Memories albums during those years. It was great fun but then I got a digital camera!!!

Yes! I remember going to crops, holding crops, and going to Expo’s. I’m going to look for one of my albums and copy one of my layouts from way back then. And all the scissors with the funny edges, and the long strips of papers also cut with scroll like edges. Oh how I lobe digital. Lol 

51 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Here is my paper page

I loved paper scrapping back in the day. I had a room with 2 8ft tables all set up for scrapping!!! that made it easier. I used to go away for weekends with my daughter and friends. I made 18 Creative Memories albums during those years. It was great fun but then I got a digital camera!!!

Wow Debby that’s so cool and must have made it a bit easier to paper scrap as one of the things I disliked about it was having to drag out all those materials and then put them away again!

I was never a huge paper scrapper, but back in the day, I loved to use curvy borders and colored mattes from coordinating papers. I used to punch out letters and use sticker alphas. I loved the wood die cut embellishments, but rarely used them because they were so expensive. Since this is a fantasy page, I added a couple, plus shadows because traditional paper pages would have had some dimension. I even sized the photos to 3.5 x 5 because that is the print size I used most often. Here is Happy and Engaged.

49 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Yes! I remember going to crops, holding crops, and going to Expo’s. I’m going to look for one of my albums and copy one of my layouts from way back then. And all the scissors with the funny edges, and the king strips of papers also cut with scroll like edges. Oh how I lobe digital. Lol 

Oh yes!!  Deckle-edge scissors!  Oh, how times have changed for us! 

6 hours ago, lindarobin said:

When I paper scrapped, my favourite things were stacking papers, fancy ribbons and metal brads that looked like jewellery.  Gosh, it made for an expensive page!  And because we couldn't recolor/retint, it was a challenge to find matching pieces (unless you were using one kit).

Sipping Sangria

Ohhhh....I liked using eyelets.  In.  Every.  Color!!   And the special tools needed for those.

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

This was actually quite hard as I love blending but I used to love lots of elements of my paper pages and they cost a small fortune :) 

New Trampoline

I said exactly the same thing, Jane!   I like soft pages and blending so much that I had a hard time with this challenge, too!

This was harder than I thought it would be. I remember stacking, or matting photos and titles, using staples and 'burnishing' the edges with stamping ink. And finding paper with white in the inside, so that when I tore it it had the white torn edges.

Playing dress up.jpg