July Colourful Slow Scrap

ValerieT

Welcome to this month's forum game a
colourful slow scrap

At the beginning of each week we will give you three colour swatches to choose from. Just pick your favourite to use for that week.

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout. Layouts one, two, three, and four have six steps each. The last layout will have only three steps. There will be no twists or tricks.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 5 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of five $5.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on 31st July 2019 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.
You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;
  • Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial How To Post Images In The Forum  to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get started.

WEEK ONE
1st July

Pick a utensil this week. Choose one of these swatches to use for this week.

Week1a.png  Week1b.png  Week1c.png

Start a new layout in your preferred size and add 3 papers.

15 hours ago, Celestine said:

I've never done a slow scrap before. I will probably lurk around this thread for a few days to see how this works. If that is all right? ?

They are a lot of fun so just jump in and follow the daily tasks :) 

Love all the colours so will have to think about this one :) 

16 hours ago, Celestine said:

I've never done a slow scrap before. I will probably lurk around this thread for a few days to see how this works. If that is all right? ?

This month's slow scrap is really simple.

At the beginning of each week you will get a choice of swatches to use for that week. Pick your favourite or what will work with your photos. You can change your mind as the week goes on. Then each day you get a task, each task is related to an element of a typical layout (think papers, photos, embellishments, title, etc.).

Have a go it's fun.

Here is today's task;

3rd July
Add at least five unique embellishments. You can duplicate embellishments if you wish, but there must be at least five different embellishments.

9 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Though I keep buying them, :D , almost the only time I think to use alphas is for a challenge. Here I used the alpha from Cottage Rose by Brandy Murry along with the Quickier font. Wow, that alpha is so pretty! Why don't I use it again some time???

Slow Scrap Week 1 title.jpg

Bruges=home, I sure hope you enjoyed Bruges. i spent so many of my childhood days in Bruges and cycled down the canal from Oostende to Brugge, walked it as well. Some members of my family live in Bruges, can't wait to see how your page comes out! :)

Getting caught up... I chose the mixing spoons palette, and the papers I picked are not from one coordinating kit, so this will be interesting!  I chose a paper each from Angie's Tender Moments collection, ACA opposites Attract, and SG Eternal Love (DEB).

SSJul2019_1thumb.jpg

SSJul2019_1thumb.jpg

SSJul2019_1thumb.jpg

3 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

Bruges=home, I sure hope you enjoyed Bruges. i spent so many of my childhood days in Bruges and cycled down the canal from Oostende to Brugge, walked it as well. Some members of my family live in Bruges, can't wait to see how your page comes out! :)

I absolutely loved Bruges and walked all around for hours. I wish I could have spent WAY more time there than I had. Lucky you, growing up in that area. This layout will have 1 photo, but, as you can imagine, I took lots more. :)