Hello fromSouth Carolina

Tgerdes

I am new to digital scrapbooking, so new that I haven’t even started yet. My interest in DS is due to the fact that I will be going with my husband to his home country and need to have some way of doing some creative work. Bringing supplies with me is not an option. We will be gone for two months and I will only have access to the internet occasionally. I think that digital scrapbooking will be a great choice but I have lots of questions and concerns. I hope I will be able to get some of answers here. Thanks Thelma

Welcome to ScrapGirls, Thelma, it’s nice to meet you.    What a great idea to travel with digital scrapping, I hope to see your creations.   We’re a friendly and helpful group so don’t hesitate to ask questions.   

Welcome, Thelma!  Digital scrapping is great for the minimal amount of physical space needed, and there are some other advantages, like the ability to alter the colors of papers, embellishments, etc, and you can use your digital supplies over and over lots of different ways.  How long before you leave on your trip?  Have you decided what photo editing program you want to use?  We will try to answer any questions you have, just ask!

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Thelma!  We're so glad you found us!

If you can get comfortable with your software before you go, your trip will be less stressful.  Also, you can use ScrapGirls collections to make cards and other projects besides traditional scrapbooking.  Don't hesitate to ask questions!  We'll be cheering you on!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been stooping around the forum the last weeks to get familiar with digital scrapbooking. Last week I purchased PSE 2019 and have it installed on my laptop. I also decided, and so glad I did, to purchase the QwikLearn Photoshop Elements course. I am working through the lessons now. I have a problem with PSE crashing whenever I go to the Styles tab. Do I just need to reload elements to correct this problem. Thanks for any help you can give me. 

I’m not sure about reloading elements and I work on a Mac but the first thing I thought of is - is your operating system up to date?   Sometimes an old OS can’t handle the newer versions of programs.  

Others should know more than me about this though!
Good luck with your learning and hope you post your creations so we can see.  :) 

Thanks Marij for the response. I am running Windows 10 and everything is up to date. After a quick research, i found that i am not alone with this problem. After following instructions to delete two files, the problem seems to be resolved. 

7 hours ago, Tgerdes said:

Thanks Marij for the response. I am running Windows 10 and everything is up to date. After a quick research, i found that i am not alone with this problem. After following instructions to delete two files, the problem seems to be resolved. 

I’m glad to hear it all worked out for you, yay!  :)