Help Me With A Layout - I'm Stuck

I need opinions on this page. I made this butterfly cluster and page for Syndee's die-cut class. I sorta like the first version, but... I kept fiddling and tweaking because I wasn't quite happy with it. I made a second version with the butterflies all using the same overlay pattern. I think I like this better. Then I decided that the small second photo wasn't right. I think I like it better without the second photo. Or maybe it's something else not quite right. Maybe the background paper??? Tell me what you think.

Credits: CVW_SupplyTracker
Font Arizonia
STI_RedPoppy_PaintSplatter
STI_RedPoppy_Paper_PoppyPainted
STI_RedPoppy_Paper_Red
STI_RedPoppy_Stitching_red
Butterfly brushes by Diane Rooney

Butterfly-cluster-page-web.jpg

Butterfly-cluster-page-red-no-pic-web.jpg

Lynne - this is a very neat die cut experiment. As someone viewing it for the first time, my eye was really drawn to the butterfly with the background paper flower in it in the first layout. And then my eye was drawn to the repetition of the orange-red papers in the second layout. The butterfly in the photo gets a little lost in the busyness of the first set of butterflies. What if you limited it to the flower paper and the red-orange? If you still want to use the butterfly photo in the butterfly die cut, you might try enlarging it a little to make it stand out more. I hope this is clear. 🤷‍♀️ Your die cuts were great!

Celesine, Thanks for the insight. I have redone, with what I hope you meant. Took out the small butterfly photo and put the paper flower back into the cut-out. I do like it much better. Here is the new, and I hope, improved, version.

Butterfly-cluster-page-red-version-2-web.jpg

2 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

Celesine, Thanks for the insight. I have redone, with what I hope you meant. Took out the small butterfly photo and put the paper flower back into the cut-out. I do like it much better. Here is the new, and I hope, improved, version.

Butterfly-cluster-page-red-version-2-web.jpg

That's it exactly! It is very pretty.