August Monthly Challenges

SodScrap

Here are the August Monthly Challenges which can be completed at any time during the month.  Please remember to post your layouts in the Monthly Challenge Gallery and then add a link to each page in this thread so that we can leave some love.  You can use your July Monthly Challenge Layouts for the August Challenge Chase  so be sure to also post a link in that thread so you are eligible for the monthly coupon.  
Don’t forget to leave comments on other members pages.  Have fun!

Challenge 1 It’s Black and White
I really like black and white photos, but rarely use them. For this challenge, use a black and white photo (or two or more!) on your page.  

Challenge 2 Woodn't you?
For this challenge, you will be creating a layout with a woodgrain background.  I like the texture of woodgrain and the we it adds depth to a layout.  There are a lot of amazing woodgrain papers in the design shop!  (See links for just a few examples). 

Challenge 3 Embellishment Challenge 
This is an embellishment challenge.  Use a least one frame on your layout.  Frames are a great way to add emphasis to your layout.  You may use any frame in any way.  I can’t wait to see the creative ways you use frames!

Challenge 4 Cheers to Chatting with You
This one is easy because, well, we already like chatting on the message board!  The key to this challenge is to record your beginning post count in this thread.  You can find it under you name/avatar on your last message bard post.  Alternately, it can be found by hovering on your profile icon in the upper right hand corner of the page.  (It will pop up when you hover.)  OR, you can find it on your profile page.  You will also need to post your ending count on the August 31st with your total posts for the month.  The one with the most posts might just receive a special prize!
I look forward to seeing you layouts!  Remember to have fun and be creative!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

Now, for a juicy grilled steak dinner....then I will be back to catch up in the gallery!  

Now I'm drooling - I can smell the grill and that sizzling juicy steak... Yummo.  

Just now, justpattyanne said:

Now I'm drooling - I can smell the grill and that sizzling juicy steak... Yummo.  

OMGoodness...I am stuffed.  It was amazing!  Now, for some more scrapping time!  (Grilling = quick kitchen clean up!!)