angleigh

Sneak Peek 08/09

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.  Let's kick off the week with some sneak peek's of what's coming this week

Everything is truly gorgeous!

I have a question, and I hope it isn't insensitive, but I am fairly new to this purchasing of digital scrapbook supplies since I started just last fall. I saw Aimee Harrison's stunning "Golden Klimt" on another website where it was listed "exclusively." Given my very particular weakness for all things Art Nouveau, I purchased it, noticing it wasn't offered here at ScrapGirls after a couple of Friday release days had passed. How do exclusives tend to work, and will all of your designers' "new" works eventually be released at ScrapGirls? I love what you have built here at ScrapGirls between the shop's offerings, the forum, and a group of the friendliest people around, and it is my preference to utilize my limited purchasing power here, even if I have to wait. Thanks for any info. Just trying to figure out how this all works. 🤔

23 hours ago, Celestine said:

Everything is truly gorgeous!

I have a question, and I hope it isn't insensitive, but I am fairly new to this purchasing of digital scrapbook supplies since I started just last fall. I saw Aimee Harrison's stunning "Golden Klimt" on another website where it was listed "exclusively." Given my very particular weakness for all things Art Nouveau, I purchased it, noticing it wasn't offered here at ScrapGirls after a couple of Friday release days had passed. How do exclusives tend to work, and will all of your designers' "new" works eventually be released at ScrapGirls? I love what you have built here at ScrapGirls between the shop's offerings, the forum, and a group of the friendliest people around, and it is my preference to utilize my limited purchasing power here, even if I have to wait. Thanks for any info. Just trying to figure out how this all works. 🤔

Hi Celestine

That's really a hard one to answer, as each store may have it's own rules on "exclusive" kits.  But generally the way it works is that it will be exclusive at a particle location for a period of time.  Then the designer will be free to release it at other stores.  But that time period may very.  It may be a couple of weeks, or it could be something like our clubs that we ask that it's almost 6 months before it's put into other stores.  

So I would say, in general yes kits will generally be released in all designers stores.  But the time period before that happens can vary and there are the occasions that they aren't released elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, angleigh said:

Hi Celestine

That's really a hard one to answer, as each store may have it's own rules on "exclusive" kits.  But generally the way it works is that it will be exclusive at a particle location for a period of time.  Then the designer will be free to release it at other stores.  But that time period may very.  It may be a couple of weeks, or it could be something like our clubs that we ask that it's almost 6 months before it's put into other stores.  

So I would say, in general yes kits will generally be released in all designers stores.  But the time period before that happens can vary and there are the occasions that they aren't released elsewhere.

Thanks for the info, Angie! For the most part since I started digital scrapbooking with my own supplies about 9 months ago, I've been building my basics, purchasing kits that go with my daughter's wedding color scheme and scooping up freebies. It is only recently that I've started looking at kits and - uhmmm - impulse buying because I thought the kit was too gorgeous to pass up. So I have been fairly oblivious to "exclusives," or should I say "limited time exclusives." This is helpful to know! 😉