Guilt using QP's?

Last night, I used 3 QP's for a distant friend / fan of my hubby's music ... and the guilt is still sitting heavy on my mind!  Do YOU every feel guilty for using QP's? 

I seldom EVER use QP's, and don't think I ever have for a personal / family page. But I have a ton of pics from my hubby's gigs with people that we make feel like they're welcome to Thanksgiving dinner.  The pics often mean the world to them - a one in a million night for them, whereas we had those nights most nights and each with tons of fan friends. SO, I didn't feel the need to spend so much time creating something so ultra personal, but wanted to share some pics that I took years ago and just unearthed on my EHD.  These folks still follow me and always comment on my art & scrapbook pages, so wanted to do a bit more than just post the pics, so I used some recently purchased (in a value pack) QP's to plop the photos in... and I'm still feeling like I somehow done them wrong!  

Am I the only one that 
a.) uses QP's at all - even tho almost never?
b.) feels totally guilty for using QP's at all?

Guilt ridden, inquiring minds want to know.

I always feel like I’m cheating when I use QPs. That being said I think the designers create them for us to use without feeling guilty. I’m sure the people you are making the layouts love the fact that you went through the trouble of making a special memento as reminder of a special event. I know I would. ?

I know as a designer I love when I see my quick pages and such used.  But for this reason (the guilt) I think I really like the Jiffy pages.  That way it's basically done for you, but it's still layered so you can make some changes to it if you'd like.

I would love to be able use quick pages. But, I don't do 12 x 12 pages and have never seen quick pages, beside brag books, done in any other size. There are some pages I simply drool over and will buy the kit that made it and try to replicate the page by making a template. I have made some brag books for family and didn't feel guilty. They loved them!

I agree with Kelly about designers creating them for us to use without feeling guilty.   That said, I don’t use them a lot because I mostly like putting what I want on my page and with quick pages there’s always something I want to change.   I think the “guilty” part comes from using something that then most people will think we created ourselves.    That’s the reason my painting teacher won’t paint on our paintings to show us what to do because then we feel it’s not our own doing.

That said, they are there to use and Designers like their products being used!  :) 

I think they will be bowled over by the fact you took the time to make the page.  They won't know or care how you put it together.

Having said that, I feel the same way when people gush over a journal I've made using a digi kit - I feel I have to explain I bought the kit.

I use QP's and Jiffy pages without feeling guilty... mostly I create my own pages, but a couple of years ago I was trying to use a couple of QP's every week.  I figure, the designers spend time creating them and making them available in collections - I need to make sure to use them!  I get what you're saying though, in this particular instance, if these old friends think you created the pages yourself.  Maybe you'll feel better if you tell them they are "pre-made" pages, but you wanted to do something special with the photos?  I don't think it will decrease their appreciation at all!

Thank you all for commenting. I can tell most of us are conflicted at best about using them - but yes, the designers sold them to us to use! So we SHOULDN'T feel guilty.  I never claim anything as mine - crediting everything. I used to credit PS, my camera & the fonts too ... but I'm lax about those 3 anymore. Personal family & friends, I always do my own pages.    

Thanks y'all!  Wishing you a superfantabulously blessed & creative week! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have never used one for all the reasons mentioned but now that you are chatting about them I think I will try again .