Laptop recommendations

Boatlady

I am having a rough time with my 5 year old Dell XPS laptop. Slow start up and working very slow and I think the hard drive is failing again. It is driving me crazy so I am going to buy a new one, Any suggestions from you pro scrappers. I want lots of memory and speed, no touch screen, 17in screen and solid state drive. I will not get an apple because it don't want to learn a new system.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have an actual computer/electronics store near you or will you have to order it and have it mailed?  We have a store about an hour away from us called Micro Center and that's who we've bought all of our computers from.  They have their brand called Power Spec and they build them there.  We've gotten amazing computers at much lower prices then the "name brand" computers and the specs are much better.

With that said my laptop I did buy at Best Buy (I didn't want to drive the hour to pick up something else) and I have an HP.  It's a touch screen, only because that's all the options were but I never use it, I forget it's even there.  And it runs Photoshop with no problem.

Thanks Angie, I do not have any computer store near that could build one. I would  be uncomfortable doing that since we live 2 different states so I will go with another Dell. My SIL is checking into getting it from his supplier as he has lots of Dell's in his business.

Funny I went to Best Buy yesterday...they had none of the expensive computers in stock and couldn't get them till the  21 or later....lot's of cheap ones in stock though. Oh Well not mater what I have to wait.

Again Angie thanks for your info.

5 hours ago, SodScrap said:

MacBook Pro!!  

Thanks Conda but I do not want to change to Apple...my transferable software will not work.

On 8/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, Boatlady said:

Thanks Conda but I do not want to change to Apple...my transferable software will not work.

I totally get that!  I only had to change my PS so it was worth it to me!  :)  Hope you have a new machine up and running soon!