ladyscrapalot

How did I do that?!?!

So on my never ending quest for getting the files on my EHD organizing, I was sorting through some of my old scrapbook pages. Some of them made me shudder like what was I thinking. On other ones I was thinking how did I do that? Some of my pages are happy accidents, others I don't remember what I did. I suppose if I studied the psd file I could possible figure it out. What do you all do? Do you write down you r progress? My problem is I try one thing, don't like, try something else until I like it. I recently had to redo one of my atc coins as I had accidentally saved over the psd file as a jpeg. Luckily it was pretty easy to do as I had done it recently and wasn't too complicated. Some of my older files I'm not sure if I could be so lucky. I don't necessarily want to remember each step but maybe a certain step. Maybe I'm make this more complicated than it really is.

I don't save steps to anything. Since I scrap in My Memories, sometimes I will save a complicated, mosaic-style layout that I've created as a template for future use. 

I do that alot.  Sometimes what i'll do is open the .psd file, resave it as a different name, then start taking away or replacing the papers, photo etc.  Especially if I had blending and such in it.  Sometimes I'll have to adjust a mask or something since changing papers and such can really affect the outcome.  

I save all my psd files, which is an outrageous waste of space, because I'm always afraid I'll forget how I got a particular blend or look or something. :D Have I ever gone back to those files? Um.... maybe once or twice through the years. However, now they live on external hard drives so I know they are available, just in case.

I save all my psd files too, but Jody convinced me to put them on an EHD.   It saved me a lot of space on my laptop!   I rarely go back to look, but since so much of my scrapping is blending and playing around,  I can’t always tell what I did by the psd file.    

I’ve started to sometimes make a note on the layer - where the title is, in case I ever go back to look.   But, most times I’m not sure I can retrace my steps.

Yeah, I save all my PSDs on an ehd just in case. I also save a web sized jpeg so I'll know what the the page looks like, maybe overkill but sometimes I'll come across a photo or there is a challenge and I think hmmm didn't I use this photo before.  When I was looking at some of my layouts I was thinking oh that's kinda cool, how did I do that?In some of the PS courses of taken it was suggested to make notes of what you are doing but I don't ever think of it at the time because a lot of the time it's a happy accident. Anyway, thanks for your input. I guess if I really want to know I should just open the file and take a look.