Scrap Girls Retreat 2019

ValerieT

Retreat 2019 Button_600.jpg

Making friends and scrapping memories

Somewhere not far from you, or me, is the beautiful lodge that will be our home for September.

That’s right we are inviting you to join us for a Scrap Girls Retreat.

During the month we will explore the lodge, grounds and surrounding area, looking for inspiration to create layouts.

Complete layouts and activities to gain buttons on the Daily Journal. Each button is worth one entry in the prize draw at the end of the month. At the end of the Retreat we will do a random draw and you could win one of five $5 Gift Certificates for the Boutique.

• You are free to interpret each inspiration/requirement in any way you wish. 
  • Do not post your finished layout until we tell you to.
  • Instructions for activities will be given in that day’s itinerary.
  • You do not have to complete every layout or do every activity, unless you wish to.
  • You can combine inspirations; however, you can only receive one button in the Daily Journal for each layout.
  • Answering questions is worth an extra button on the journal. You can gain one extra button for each question answered.

You have until 11:59pm (ET) on 30th September 2019 to post your layouts and answers. Any layout or answer posted after this time will not count towards the draw.

Please be aware the daily journal will be updated at least once a week. Keep an eye on the thread for when the journal has been updated. If you think you are missing a button please feel free to send me a PM.

Do you want a button for your siggy? You can grab the link either from my siggy or use this link;
Retreat%202019%20Button.png

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Sept

Welcome to this year's Scrap Girls Retreat.

Before we can get started you need to sign in and pick your room.

To sign in you need to either create a new siggy or create an ATC showing either your username or your real name. Post your siggy or ATC in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery

How To Create A Custom Signature
How To Add A Custom Image To Your Forum Signature

How to create an ATC;
Create your ATC -card or coin with your interpretation of the theme. Your original ATC file should be 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches or 1050 pixels x 750 pixels (can be portrait or landscape orientation) at 300 pixels per inch. Be sure to sign and date your. The " trading coins" either 2", 2 1/2" or 3 1/2" circles. Angie was kind enough to make a template set and you can find the free link here.

Once you have done that tell us what view you would like your room to have. Remember this is a special lodge, all requests will be available.

3rd Sept

So what weather do you hope for this month? Sunny and hot? Cool and rainy? Snow?

Tell us your prefect weather, then pick one of these two colour swatches to use for your next layout.

Retreat Weather 1.png  Retreat Weather 2.png

Here is my new Siggie.

I would like an ocean view cabin off shore on stilts and  I would like the shower to have a huge window facing the ocean too....with privacy mesh shade! I would like a large balcony with a small bar and lots of chairs....come on over scrappers.

This will be so much fun.

4th Sept
Special Lodge, special location. We can accommodate any weather requests. Amazing place this is!

Add one weather related item to your layout.

Finish off your weather colour layout. Remember your layout does not have to be about the weather, just make sure you use the colours you picked.
Post your finished layout in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

Is it too late to join?  I just got back from two and half weeks camping in Lake George, NY.  I'd love to join.  Siggie done with the last picture I took the night before we left, taken Monday night.  I used Finding Me, from this month's collection by Designs by Helly.  I would like to request a balcony with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond.  I want a rocking chair too, with a small table for a drink and book.  Is that asking too much?

siggie-Sept-19.jpg

retreat siggie.png