Scrap Girls Retreat 2019

ValerieT

10th Sept
Bar-b-que on the veranda for dinner tonight. I am told the chef is an expert at grilling and has a wide selection of food for us.
Start a new layout with FOOD as your inspiration.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Ah... food is always good. :D See you on the veranda for pre-dinner drinks! Oh, and snacks, of course.

Come on up to my room I have little  bar and there is a nice mellow wine there that won't spoil our appetite with a nice selection cheeses and crackers...grapes too.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:11 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Oh yes that image is so inspiring :) 

Welcome Celestine its good to see you and good look with your genealogy :)  

All genealogy searches amaze me. Good luck.

Oh I hope he has some kabobs...I think I can smell the barbeque now... Didn't finish my last layout in time for drinks with Debby, but I'm sure I'll find something at the bar on the veranda.  I think I posted my food page too soon...I may have to re-do, anyway I'll see you soon.

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

11 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

Oh I hope he has some kabobs...I think I can smell the barbeque now... Didn't finish my last layout in time for drinks with Debby, but I'm sure I'll find something at the bar on the veranda.  I think I posted my food page too soon...I may have to re-do, anyway I'll see you soon.

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

We missed you...

10 hours ago, MariJ said:

I’m in!  It’s nice and relaxing to be here....   :)   ?  

Great! Friends, wine and digi-scrap conversation what could be better???

11th Sept
Well I don't know about you but I am stuffed still from last night. Boy can that chef cook! What was your favourite food item from last night?
Add one food related item (not including any photos) to your layout.
Finish off your layout and post it in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

After all that food last night at our barbecue, I'm so full I'll never eat again. No, really. :D 

Well, here's my food layout #4. I had a tough time finding an appropriate food embellishment to add but decided I liked the way Brandy Murry's Wired brush apple looked with the flower embellishments behind my photo. Whew! Now to go find a snack in the kitchen. Oh, wait.  I forgot: I'm never going to eat again. :) 

Thanks for hosting the get together in your room Debby! That wine was really delicious with the smoked cheese the grill master served up! 

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do a food layout but I think I made it work! I wasn't sure if a "napkin" would count as a food item so I also found an item on the internet that went with my layout theme.

That's How I Roll

Fun night last night with all that food I found it difficult to sleep so awake very early this morning. My favourite was the King BBQ prawns soooooo delicious and the company of course :) 

Here is mine......I did this LO of the dessert my DD had ordered (she was in France) at the restaurant we had a meal at on our 40th wedding anniversary. I found some chocolates that fitted the theme beautifully :)  

5 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Thanks for hosting the get together in your room Debby! That wine was really delicious with the smoked cheese the grill master served up! 

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do a food layout but I think I made it work! I wasn't sure if a "napkin" would count as a food item so I also found an item on the internet that went with my layout theme.

That's How I Roll

I forgot to say on your layout comment that I loved the addition of the pretty napkin!  :) 

My favorite food from last night was the BBQ chicken. Yum!!!

Here is my food page, Good to the Last Seed, of 3-year-old Eden feeding watermelon to her little cousin. We all agreed that something like that looks much cuter when a child does it than when an adult does.

I made a slice of watermelon to add to the page.

12th Sept
Today we have a hike arranged for us. We will be out spotting the local wildlife while we take in the nature of the lake, forest and river.
Start a new layout with WILD ANIMAL as your inspiration.

Thanks to all of you who came to my room for a party...no party is complete without friends and you made it happen. That melted brie cheese on the whole wheat crackers were so good with that mild red wine. Well I hope you can all find a wild animal for today's task...and it cannot be anyone who came to my party.?

18 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

That's How I Roll

I'm so glad you joined us for a little party chat  last night. 

I think a napkin is fine no meal or snack is complete without one, I always need one when eating sushi so I loved it in your page making the page complete.

18 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Fun night last night with all that food I found it difficult to sleep so awake very early this morning. My favourite was the King BBQ prawns soooooo delicious and the company of course :) 

Here is mine......I did this LO of the dessert my DD had ordered (she was in France) at the restaurant we had a meal at on our 40th wedding anniversary. I found some chocolates that fitted the theme beautifully :)  

I loved the prawns too and that smoked rib was out of this world but I love all smoked food!

13th Sept
How did you enjoy our hike? Hope you're not too tired. What weird and exotic (maybe imaginary) animal did you spot?
Add one animal related item to your layout.
Finish off your wild animal inspired layout and post it in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

What  a great hike yesterday with all the Scrap Girls. This retreat is just what I needed. I feel rejuvinated, inspired and rested. What a great trip.

Here is my Retreat #5-Wild Animal page.