Scrap Girls Retreat 2019

ValerieT

This retreat is a lot of fun, but I especially like the get togethers!  I also really like how gorgeous the scenery is and it doesn’t ever get too cold.   
I really enjoyed the hike as it wasn’t too long, but I saw a UNICORN in the distance, oh my!   ?    But, I had magical dreams last night, maybe that’s why?

I’m working on a layout and will post it soon.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

This retreat is a lot of fun, but I especially like the get togethers!  I also really like how gorgeous the scenery is and it doesn’t ever get too cold.   
I really enjoyed the hike as it wasn’t too long, but I saw a UNICORN in the distance, oh my!   ?    But, I had magical dreams last night, maybe that’s why?

Hi Marilyn, So good to see you here on the Retreat! 

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

I want whatever you ate Marilyn... I also want to see a unicorn in real life.

Well after all that food and drink we had last night I stopped for a rest on the hike and had a doze and thought  I was seeing this monster animal towering over me and about to devour me but when I woke it was just a marmot. (have never seen one of these before my DS took these photos) I added and jumping monkey ....don't know why, looks a bit out of place must be part of my dream :) 

Marmot

Wow all those weird dreams and unusual  wild animals. The next task will be easy peasey.

14th Sept
Which is your favourite season and why? 
We have two colour swatches for you today inspired by spring and autumn. Pick your favourite to use for your next layout.
image.thumb.png.878a0274df05a996fd6127af86a91e92.pngimage.thumb.png.7bfdffc2afe54ca52a61a2e1cb9e34ee.png

2 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

You girls have been busy whilst I've been traveling through Galicia and Asturia in Spain. Unicorns, dragons, marmots, weird dreams :) I missed all the fun, time to catch up and get creative ?

Thanks for the wonderful color palettes Debby, difficult choice as I love both seasons!

Can't wait to see some photos from your trip! Meanwhile, I tried to catch a dragon or unicorn for you, but they disappeared. Or maybe it was that rum drink I had. :D 

2 hours ago, Celestine said:

I love fall, and the colors that go with it! And the smells - wet leaves, burning wood (my mother-in-law is a HUGE fan of weiner roasts), crisp mornings....I'm smiling just thinking about it all.

Ah... we don't have crisp fall mornings here in Florida, but I do remember them from living up north. And the smell of wood smoke. My favorite season!

26 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Can't wait to see some photos from your trip! Meanwhile, I tried to catch a dragon or unicorn for you, but they disappeared. Or maybe it was that rum drink I had. :D 

Rum oh the rum... unicorns and dragons sounds magical and add a potion of yummy rummy tasty ... all sorts of things can happen :D

I like fall best because it doesn't have the cold of winter, the heat of summer, or the mushy wetness of melting snow in spring. It has cool temperatures so you can do things outside and not get all hot and sweaty, or too cold, and it has colorful leaves to enjoy on the trees, crunch on the ground, pile up and even jump into.

I do like the spring colors better, but I'll make a page with the fall colors.

This is difficult as I enjoy both seasons but my favourite season is early autumn here as its still hot (approx 24C) but the humidity has almost gone and its fabulous for being outdoors. We don't get the autumn colour like areas further south in NZ but we still have the summer colours.

Having said that I'm going for the spring swatch :) 

16th Sept
Add a leaf and a flower to your layout.
Finish off your season colour layout. Remember your layout does not have to be about a season, just make sure you use the colours from the swatch you picked.
Post your finished layout in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

As for me, now that I'm back from my conference, I need to catch up on the Retreat activities - welcome to a brand new week!  ?

Whoever organized the trip to the spa had a great idea. I think I saw Geraldine and Marie and Mikelle and Sue and... well, I guess everyone was there! I had a delightful facial. What a lovely and relaxing retreat this is!

The flower-scented lotions they used reminded me of spring. So here is my layout #6 - Spring

3 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Whoever organized the trip to the spa had a great idea. I think I saw Geraldine and Marie and Mikelle and Sue and... well, I guess everyone was there! I had a delightful facial. What a lovely and relaxing retreat this is!

The flower-scented lotions they used reminded me of spring. So here is my layout #6 - Spring

I ended up staying longer then i should have, having a wonderful time at the retreat but I need to catch up still :)

11 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I had a hot-stone massage, it was heavenly!  I guess I was so in the zone I missed seeing everyone there!