Scrap Girls Retreat 2019

ValerieT

10 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Whoever organized the trip to the spa had a great idea. I think I saw Geraldine and Marie and Mikelle and Sue and... well, I guess everyone was there! I had a delightful facial. What a lovely and relaxing retreat this is!

The flower-scented lotions they used reminded me of spring. So here is my layout #6 - Spring

Ha ha, funny thing is, I really WAS at a spa this past weekend!  I didn't end up getting a massage like I wanted - we were only there a couple of days and I had a conference to go to.  I ate a little too well, though!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed all the fun, we had to take a 7 hour boat ride to put the boat away for the winter....It's on land so we will head back to Florida soon.

Here is my spring colored LO Retreat #6

15 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Well I missed the spa and the hot stone massage :( I must have been in a different zone....probably asleep :)

Here is my spring colour swatch LO

One nice thing about this SG retreat is I believe it works in any time zone. :) And probably even if you are upside down on the other side of the world, LOL.

Been so busy...I had to leave for a few days to go celebrate my granddaughter's 13th birthday, and when I got back the painters are re-doing my room.  Do teenagers count as wild animals?  I will get this done...not sure when but I'm determined to find an animal somewhere in my stash and when I do I'll be back.  Just realized that not only have I missed some activities...I'm at least two layouts behind!   I need to get the painter out of here so I can get these finished, maybe I should ask his opinion of the paint swatches.

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

7 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

Been so busy...I had to leave for a few days to go celebrate my granddaughter's 13th birthday, and when I got back the painters are re-doing my room.  Do teenagers count as wild animals?  I will get this done...not sure when but I'm determined to find an animal somewhere in my stash and when I do I'll be back.  Just realized that not only have I missed some activities...I'm at least two layouts behind!   I need to get the painter out of here so I can get these finished, maybe I should ask his opinion of the paint swatches.

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

I'm also running way behind and hoping to catch up, hope the painting goes well, color swatch time!

9 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

Funny but I thought that too, that kids can be wild animials - sure!  :)

Here is my Retreat-texture page. I went to the texture class I love blending and overlays so I really liked the class. We spent our last night on the boat so today is drive up visit with the children and grandchildren then head south tomorrow morning so my stops at the retreat for the fun will be sparse for the next few days.  I heard some whispering in the hall that someone was going to go skinning dipping in the lake after dark. Who would do that??? Not me I'm not going to be here.

11 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

I'd say teenagers definitely qualify as wild animals, LOL. I look forward to your layouts!

13 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Here is my Retreat-texture page. I went to the texture class I love blending and overlays so I really liked the class. We spent our last night on the boat so today is drive up visit with the children and grandchildren then head south tomorrow morning so my stops at the retreat for the fun will be sparse for the next few days.  I heard some whispering in the hall that someone was going to go skinning dipping in the lake after dark. Who would do that??? Not me I'm not going to be here.

Not me!   ?  Have a safe trip South, Debby!  :)

We have stopped driving for the night and I feel like refreshing swim...in the dark. I hope the water is warm. I just finished an drink and am totally relaxed.  Anyone else for a swim???

17 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

We have stopped driving for the night and I feel like refreshing swim...in the dark. I hope the water is warm. I just finished an drink and am totally relaxed.  Anyone else for a swim???

Me!   As long as the water is nice and warm, that will be the perfect relaxing end to a busy day.  I’d like to float awhile and watch the stars. 
Changing into my suit - meet you there Debbie!  ??‍♀️  ?

36 minutes ago, Grandmadori said:

Splashing in the lake sounds like a good idea to me, but it might be a little chilly.  Anyone up for gathering around the firepit afterwards?  I finished my color swatch layout, I used the autumn colors.

I picture a hot spring underneath the lake so it’s like a hot tub almost.  But, we can lay and watch the stars.   Gathering around the firepit afterwards sounds great!