Scrap Girls Retreat 2019

ValerieT

I'll go for a swim as long as the water's warm and I have an air mattress to lay on. I think sample a bit of Mikelle's cocktails.? Afterwards sitting around a campfire sounds nice and cozy!

I went to the texture class in the restaurant. I love all these classes and trying new things.

Mustangs of Las Colinas

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like everyone went to the restaurant!  I might have to try the other class, just to be contrary - but I have a lot of catching up to do.  As for the cocktails, I'll sit on the edge of the water and make sure no one drowns, after those cocktails you all had!

20th Sept
Oh dear! It's a good job there is no one but us staying in the lodge right now. Who was that singing at the top of their voices at 2am?
Add something drink related to your layout.
When you are finished post your layout in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

Oh What a fun time at the lake, water was so warm then the campfire...we sure know how to have a great time. Clear night with all the stars glowing bright. Did anyone else see the satellites going past.

I love the blending for texture so much I made another page.

Here is my Retreat Drink page.

Thank you for the great relaxing evening. We are back on the road again today headed to friends house for a few days only 7 hours today.

Have a blast today ladies I hope you find something fun to do.

17 hours ago, Boatlady said:

We have stopped driving for the night and I feel like refreshing swim...in the dark. I hope the water is warm. I just finished an drink and am totally relaxed.  Anyone else for a swim???

ME! (I just had one in our pool... all alone... so relaxing!)

So many drinks...so little time.  I actually thought about doing a slushy pic for this one, but since we seem to have a cocktail theme going I went with champagne.  You can never go wrong with champagne!  Now that I've finished, I think I'll head back out to my deck overlooking the lake with my book and just soak up some of the atmosphere around here.  Might take a nap too.  Ahhh relaxation.

Real Valentines

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

I'm in for a swim as not had any of the alcoholic cocktails yet but I'm certainly not going skinny dipping ?don't drink all the gin ladies I'd like a cocktail made with it. I must say those tapas are wonderful just the thing to soak that alcohol up......great cocktail party :) 

I'd better get cracking as I've not even looked at this challenge yet but I do have a photo in mind to use :) 

21st Sept
I don't know about you but I am enjoying our restful time here at the lodge. I love the look, feel and smell of all the wood. It's all very rustic.
So we have a mood board to inspire you today. It's full of rustic outdoorsy images, it even has a colour swatch you could use.
Have fun letting this inspire you.

Mood Board.jpg

10 hours ago, Celestine said:

I am loving "skyping" with you all while you are on your retreat. It looks like you are having fun, learning a lot, and busy creating. I really wish I could have tagged along on this trip, but checking in every few days has been nice. 

We miss you too - thank goodness for Skype!

7 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

Love the wood tones, what better colors than this for the first day of autumn.   The foliage is starting to change, I could enjoy fall a lot more if I didn't know what follows.  As far as I'm concerned, winter could end on January 1.  Feels like a good day for a hike.

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

I'll tag along with you on the hike if you like company?

16 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

Love the wood tones, what better colors than this for the first day of autumn.   The foliage is starting to change, I could enjoy fall a lot more if I didn't know what follows.  As far as I'm concerned, winter could end on January 1.  Feels like a good day for a hike.

Ahike sounds good!  You put the reason I dislike Autumn so well.   I love summer, but more importantly I dread knowing that Winter is next once Fall arrives.  I could totally skip winter and be happy, the thought of bitter cold and that dreaded 4-letter-word ❄️ makes me shudder.  :winter_brr:

18 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

I'm so spoiled living in the semi-tropics, LOL. I look forward to winter here! :D 

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ahike sounds good!  You put the reason I dislike Autumn so well.   I love summer, but more importantly I dread knowing that Winter is next once Fall arrives.  I could totally skip winter and be happy, the thought of bitter cold and that dreaded 4-letter-word ❄️ makes me shudder.  :winter_brr:

Come along and join us!   We can commiserate about the coming winter.

49 minutes ago, Grandmadori said:

Come along and join us!   We can commiserate about the coming winter.

Sounds good go me; here I come!
Actually, I had all intentions of joining you and even have my hiking boots on, but I got so involved in dreading winter I forgot to say I’m on my way!  :walkinghelmet:

We have been on the road going back to our winter home in Florida but stopped to visit long time friends in KY so missed the hike. We did do lots of stuff so I was happy with those adventures.

I think everyone has been having a great time and I am sad that I missed the hikes.

Now we are on the road tomorrow for 8 hours to get home so I hope to join the end to this wonderful retreat.

39 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

We have been on the road going back to our winter home in Florida but stopped to visit long time friends in KY so missed the hike. We did do lots of stuff so I was happy with those adventures.

I thin everyone has been having a great time and I am sad that I missed the hikes.

Now we are on the road tomorrow for 8 hours to get home so I hope to join the end to this wonderful retreat.

Safe travels, Debby!  It will be nice to be home and in Florida again!  ?