September Monthly Challenges

beatricemi

Here are the September Monthly Challenges which can be completed at any time during the month.  Please remember to post your layouts in the Monthly Challenge Gallery and then add a link to each page in this thread so that we can leave some love.  You can use your September Monthly Challenge Layouts for the September Challenge Chase (link coming soon) so be sure to also post a link in that thread so you are eligible for the monthly coupon.  
Don’t forget to leave comments on other members’ pages.  

Challenge 1 Scraplift

I love to scraplift. Go to the Monthly Challenge Gallery and choose a layout to lift. Make sure to show or link to the layout you choose so the original creator gets credit. Come back to this thread with your layout and link it so we can check it out. 

Challenge 2 Stitching

Use stitching on your page. Here is a link to a recent blog post on using stitching brushes: 5 Ways to Use Stitching Brushes It would be fun to give this a try. Otherwise there are many collections or embellishment packs that have ready-made stitches for you.

Challenge 3 Plaid 

Use plaid on your page. I recently learned an easy way to create a plaid paper from a striped one. Just duplicate the striped paper, rotate it 90 degrees and change the blend mode to multiply. You can play around with the opacity and even with the other blend modes.

Challenge 4 Scrap about your favorite place

It could be because I just returned from one of mine but I’d like to see yours. Scrap a page about your favorite place. It could be one you’ve visited before or maybe it’s a place on your bucket list. Either way, pick one and create a page.

I look forward to seeing your layouts!  Remember to have fun and be creative!

Here is my new Siggie.

I would like an ocean view room and I would like the shower to have a hug window facing the ocean too....with privacy mesh or so high up that no one can peak in!!!

For the scraplift challenge, I was inspired by justpattyanne's "jPA_Zoey_3-30-17Up" - and here is my version: Wedding Gown Work of Art. I remember seeing this layout by justpattyanne a few weeks ago, and thinking it would be perfect for a large photo of my daughter's wedding gown. Thanks for the non-guilty chance to "lift" it! I liked how jPA layered formal borders and added in ribbons, lace and flowers left of the large photo. Unfortunately, the yellow was clashing with the beige carpet, so I switched to some richer gold tones found in Tami Miller's "Read a Good Book" kit. However, I did just like PattyAnne, and used several of Brandy Murry's elements from "One Yellow Paper." Thanks for the inspiration!

Its not a beautiful peaceful lake, or the lovely full moon rising over my beach, or even my happy place, my back porch.  I feel a little guilty for admitting it, but I love Disney World, and every time I glimpse that castle as I enter the park I get a lump in my throat and tear up a little.  Here's challenge LO for favorite place.

Magic Kingdom

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png