September 2019 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

September...it's *almost* fall y'all!!  Which means it's almost *pumpkin everything* season.  <grin>  I refrained from choosing pumpkin as this month's theme...LOL  The theme for this month's swap is Perfect Pasta.  MMMMM...I love all things pasta!

Don't forget our one and only, the amazing Angie, has created an entire Home Cooked collection FREEBIE exclusively for recipe swap participants.  If you participate each month, by the end of the year, you will have all the pieces for the entire collection!!  How exciting is this??  Each month participants will receive a download link to that month’s freebie. 

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Monday, September 30, 2019.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.
  • You will receive a download link from the store for your freebie.

image.jpeg.e32d73796bed0c02a99376526665ebb7.jpeg

On 9/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, SodScrap said:

September...it's *almost* fall y'all!!  Which means it's almost *pumpkin everything* season. I refrained from choosing pumpkin as this month's theme...LOL

Conda!   Just back from Shop Rite and it’s COMING!

IMG_2339.JPG

There was a WHOLE back end starting to have pumpkin-flabored food!  Cheerios, Life....   More to come!  :) ?

On 9/4/2019 at 5:09 AM, MariJ said:

I looked up both and Soba noodles are made from buckwheat and wholemeal must be what we call whole grain?   Whole wheat or something like that, so we have lots of those kinds of noodles here by me!

I think you are correct, Marilyn!

HERE is my recipe - trust me when I say - this is a must try. I made it tonight (and I am not a pasta eater) and my family said I have to make it more often. Here is a photo of what it looks like (not my photo, this is off Pinterest). One mistake I made was not keeping the pasta hot enough.

2a2fc15349711f1797c06709d3debcae.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

W H E W!  Where has this month gone?  We just got back from a *quick* trip to Texas (Lake LBJ) for a little family reunion.  Came home to new (faster, yay!!) internet.  That is now set up.  (Think I need to shop to test out the download speeds ?)  I'm unpacking and laundry is in full swing.  We drove straight through the night, 12 hours arriving home at 6:30 this morning.  Will catch up on recipe emails now.  :) 

36 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

W H E W!  Where has this month gone?  We just got back from a *quick* trip to Texas (Lake LBJ) for a little family reunion.  Came home to new (faster, yay!!) internet.  That is now set up.  (Think I need to shop to test out the download speeds ?)  I'm unpacking and laundry is in full swing.  We drove straight through the night, 12 hours arriving home at 6:30 this morning.  Will catch up on recipe emails now.  :) 

Conda, you must be exhausted, I was tired just reading this all!  :) 

21 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I'm afraid if I sit down I will be O U T!!  I hope it is nap time SOON.  ?

19 hours ago, MariJ said:

Haha, I was just sitting outside reading and watching the Mets on my iPad and kept nodding off!  Inside now, ??

Believe it or not, I did not nap.  Now, today...I may really need a nap!  I think the missed night of sleep is catching up to me now.  

24 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Believe it or not, I did not nap.  Now, today...I may really need a nap!  I think the missed night of sleep is catching up to me now.  

Oh.....  That’s so true.   On my crazy 12-hour bus ride to Rochester last month I didn’t sleep all night or day and was fine for the wedding..   But the next day driving (not me) home?    Total mess.   I actually bought Diet Coke when we stopped and I never do that!