Jump to content
SodScrap

Weekend Wildcard Challenge 9/7/19

Recommended Posts

How can it be the first Saturday in September already?  H O W ?  

I like September because it leads to all things fall.  It's fall y'all!  So, the calendar doesn't say it's fall until later this month, but that means it's almost pumpkin season!   I love all things fall.  The colors.  The cooler weather.  Sweaters, and of course pumpkins!  I love all shapes, sizes, and colors of pumpkins.

Today's weekend challenge is a fall color challenge.  Create a layout based on one of the color palettes below.

Fall-color-6.thumb.jpg.812acd5b46b2386f4da594229c0677c4.jpgFall-color-8.thumb.jpg.6e4dfc864070d3b5fca499c4b326ca2d.jpgFall-color-9.thumb.jpg.5a9baf99c53d5ea8a63a0da27cc13dd4.jpg

When you are finished post your layout in the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery and post a link here for everyone to see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see a “Saturday Color Challenge” again, Conda!  :)  
I used the second color swatch.    I’m not happy to see Summer 
ending, but I was happy to be able to use LLO Artful Autumn again;  I love that collection!  

Pumpkin Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great swatches I chose the center one. Here is my Cornhole LO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also chose the second one, Sunflowers.  It's not complete.  My littles have been here for over a week...Honey (as they now call me) is tired but having a great time!! :) 

Think we are going to an apple orchard after lunch, hoping for some great photo opportunities there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Nice to see a “Saturday Color Challenge” again, Conda!  :)  
I used the second color swatch.    I’m not happy to see Summer 
ending, but I was happy to be able to use LLO Artful Autumn again;  I love that collection!  

Pumpkin Time

The color challenge has always been my favorite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm DREAMING of all things Fall - we're having our hottest week yet this summer, all 100+ through the weekend. UGH!  But I can stay in with my a/c and laptop and play in  the color challenge. Thanks for the inspiration - and hints of Autumn to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with swatch #2.  Last year when I was gathering up my fall décor to make way for Christmas I decided I should be shot if I tried to buy another pumpkin.  Here's the photo I took that day...now I've seen a really pretty little aqua colored ceramic pumpkin earlier today that so I may just have to get just one more.

Pumpkin Patch

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

I went with swatch #2.  Last year when I was gathering up my fall décor to make way for Christmas I decided I should be shot if I tried to buy another pumpkin.  Here's the photo I took that day...now I've seen a really pretty little aqua colored ceramic pumpkin earlier today that so I may just have to get just one more.

Heehee, your notes made me giggle as I am much the same!  But, what a great idea to take photos of your stash.  :) 
The funniest I ever found was when my art teacher asked us to bring in a piece of saran wrap.  I told the woman who drives me I’d bring some for her.   When I went looking I found SOooooo many boxes of plastic wrap it wasn’t even funny! 😱   Well, actually it was....    I took a photo too, it was hilarious.    But, at least you can use your pumpkins for decorations WHAT do you do with so much plastic wrap????    :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HERE is my layout. I chose the third color swatch. My BIL sent me this photo of him with his siblings (the first 5 of 10 children) - he lost his sister, and two brothers in the last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 11:55 AM, Grandmadori said:

I went with swatch #2.  Last year when I was gathering up my fall décor to make way for Christmas I decided I should be shot if I tried to buy another pumpkin.  Here's the photo I took that day...now I've seen a really pretty little aqua colored ceramic pumpkin earlier today that so I may just have to get just one more.

Pumpkin Patch

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

So.  I maybe have decorated for fall already.  AND.  Blush colored pumpkins abound with some turquoise mixed in.  LOVE it!

I love your pumpkin patch photo!  LOVELY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, MariJ said:

Heehee, your notes made me giggle as I am much the same!  But, what a great idea to take photos of your stash.  :) 
The funniest I ever found was when my art teacher asked us to bring in a piece of saran wrap.  I told the woman who drives me I’d bring some for her.   When I went looking I found SOooooo many boxes of plastic wrap it wasn’t even funny! 😱   Well, actually it was....    I took a photo too, it was hilarious.    But, at least you can use your pumpkins for decorations WHAT do you do with so much plastic wrap????    

When we moved a few years back, as my husband was going through boxes, drawers, bags etc., he found 36 extension cords, yes thirty six!  I guess every time we needed one, rather than locate one, he would run out and get a new one.   He's given a lot of them away by now, but we still have a stash in a drawer in the garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, I'm late to this challenge, feels like I've been working on this layout for weeks!  Well, I have actually.  I chose the second color palette, with the blue-green scarf.

Blessings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×