SodScrap

Weekend Wildcard Challenge 9/7/19

How can it be the first Saturday in September already?  H O W ?  

I like September because it leads to all things fall.  It's fall y'all!  So, the calendar doesn't say it's fall until later this month, but that means it's almost pumpkin season!   I love all things fall.  The colors.  The cooler weather.  Sweaters, and of course pumpkins!  I love all shapes, sizes, and colors of pumpkins.

Today's weekend challenge is a fall color challenge.  Create a layout based on one of the color palettes below.

Fall-color-6.thumb.jpg.812acd5b46b2386f4da594229c0677c4.jpgFall-color-8.thumb.jpg.6e4dfc864070d3b5fca499c4b326ca2d.jpgFall-color-9.thumb.jpg.5a9baf99c53d5ea8a63a0da27cc13dd4.jpg

When you are finished post your layout in the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery and post a link here for everyone to see.

Nice to see a “Saturday Color Challenge” again, Conda!  :)  
I used the second color swatch.    I’m not happy to see Summer 
ending, but I was happy to be able to use LLO Artful Autumn again;  I love that collection!  

Pumpkin Time

Great swatches I chose the center one. Here is my Cornhole LO

I also chose the second one, Sunflowers.  It's not complete.  My littles have been here for over a week...Honey (as they now call me) is tired but having a great time!! :) 

Think we are going to an apple orchard after lunch, hoping for some great photo opportunities there!

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Nice to see a “Saturday Color Challenge” again, Conda!  :)  
I used the second color swatch.    I’m not happy to see Summer 
ending, but I was happy to be able to use LLO Artful Autumn again;  I love that collection!  

Pumpkin Time

The color challenge has always been my favorite!

I'm DREAMING of all things Fall - we're having our hottest week yet this summer, all 100+ through the weekend. UGH!  But I can stay in with my a/c and laptop and play in  the color challenge. Thanks for the inspiration - and hints of Autumn to come.

I went with swatch #2.  Last year when I was gathering up my fall décor to make way for Christmas I decided I should be shot if I tried to buy another pumpkin.  Here's the photo I took that day...now I've seen a really pretty little aqua colored ceramic pumpkin earlier today that so I may just have to get just one more.

Pumpkin Patch

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

4 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

I went with swatch #2.  Last year when I was gathering up my fall décor to make way for Christmas I decided I should be shot if I tried to buy another pumpkin.  Here's the photo I took that day...now I've seen a really pretty little aqua colored ceramic pumpkin earlier today that so I may just have to get just one more.

Heehee, your notes made me giggle as I am much the same!  But, what a great idea to take photos of your stash.  :) 
The funniest I ever found was when my art teacher asked us to bring in a piece of saran wrap.  I told the woman who drives me I’d bring some for her.   When I went looking I found SOooooo many boxes of plastic wrap it wasn’t even funny! 😱   Well, actually it was....    I took a photo too, it was hilarious.    But, at least you can use your pumpkins for decorations WHAT do you do with so much plastic wrap????    :rofl:

HERE is my layout. I chose the third color swatch. My BIL sent me this photo of him with his siblings (the first 5 of 10 children) - he lost his sister, and two brothers in the last year. 

On 9/8/2019 at 11:55 AM, Grandmadori said:

Pumpkin Patch

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

So.  I maybe have decorated for fall already.  AND.  Blush colored pumpkins abound with some turquoise mixed in.  LOVE it!

I love your pumpkin patch photo!  LOVELY.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, MariJ said:

Heehee, your notes made me giggle as I am much the same!  But, what a great idea to take photos of your stash.  :) 
The funniest I ever found was when my art teacher asked us to bring in a piece of saran wrap.  I told the woman who drives me I’d bring some for her.   When I went looking I found SOooooo many boxes of plastic wrap it wasn’t even funny! 😱   Well, actually it was....    I took a photo too, it was hilarious.    But, at least you can use your pumpkins for decorations WHAT do you do with so much plastic wrap????    

When we moved a few years back, as my husband was going through boxes, drawers, bags etc., he found 36 extension cords, yes thirty six!  I guess every time we needed one, rather than locate one, he would run out and get a new one.   He's given a lot of them away by now, but we still have a stash in a drawer in the garage.

LOL, I'm late to this challenge, feels like I've been working on this layout for weeks!  Well, I have actually.  I chose the second color palette, with the blue-green scarf.

Blessings