Sign in to follow this  
sloginny

Learning how to make a layout in PSE 2019

Okay, I was able to open a new 12x12 page. I added a paper from my stock. Now I'm trying to add layers. How do I open the layers panel on the right side of the screen? 

Hi Ginny 
Can you tell us what program you are working in?  PhotoShop or PhotoShopElements or another one?   Which version?   I’m working in PSE 13.
I’m on my way out for an appt, but will check back and into my program when I get back.   I know in PSE there is a way to find the layers panel and drag it to the side to be permanantly there, but mine already is and I can’t remember how it got there!!

Hopefully someone else will come along before that.  :)   

If you are using Photoshop Elements your layers panel option should be on the bottom or top (depending on your version) along with the option to show effects, graphics, favorites and more. Just click on "Layers" to have the layers panel show up on the right. Here's a screen shot of a "layout" I pretended to start using a paper and an embellishment star and word art. As I added each piece, they appeared in my layers panel on the right. I hope you can see the illustration OK. If not, let me know and I'll upload a larger version.

PSE screen for upload.jpg

Hey Ginny. I use that program too and love it.  Using Diane's screenshot for reference at the bottom: see the "photo bin" if you click on that, everything you have opened will show up then you can add what you want to your LO.