Anniversary Never-Ending Story

Welcome to the return of the Never-Ending Story.

For those who have never played before here is how it works;

In the next post is the beginning of a story, all you have to do is continue it. You can add the next paragraph or sentence, its up to you. You can take the story in any direction but your addition must continue from where the last post finished.

There is really only one rule. Once you have posted your part of the story you MUST WAIT for someone else to add to the story before you post again. 

You have until 11:59 pm (ET) on 18th October 2019 to add to the story. Any additions made after this time will not be included in the prize draw.

Every addition you make to the story is worth one entry in the prize draw. On Saturday I will draw the winner who will receive a $5 gift certificate.

Ellen slumped to the ground, exhausted. Having escaped from her captor the night before, she had just picked a direction and started running. But now she was worried, she should have found a town or at least a road by now. Was she going in circles or had her captor taken her further than she thought?

Despite her exhaustion and the approaching night, Ellen knew she had to find somewhere less exposed to rest. She decided to stop for the night once she was over the next hill. She stumbled on, tripping more as the darkness descended. Upon reaching the crest of the hill, Ellen stopped and scanned as best she could in the dark for somewhere to stop for the night. Was that a village in the distance? There were no lights, maybe it was abandoned. Either way she needed to decide, should she head for the buildings now or wait until daylight.

Ellen decided to ………………….

to wait till daylight. She was always a little fearful of the strange noises that happen in the dark. She decided to settle down under the boughs of a huge pine tree. There were many in the grove just ahead. She picked some branches to lean up against the tree to form walls and a few soft ones to make a bed to lie on, then she settled in to do................

the best she could to create a comfortable place to sleep. The problem was that there was so much going on in her mind that she was uncertain she would fall asleep. Just as she was eventually drifting into a state of sleep there was a loud clap of thunder followed by......

decided it was a good thing if she couldn't get out nothing could get in so she settled in for the night, just when she got comfortable.......

stood up and took a step closer something unexpected happened.  Ellen had not been looking down because she just could not keep her eyes off what she saw. She went falling forward head first because she tripped over .........

Candy. What? where you planning a party? You are half right, it was a pity party and I was the guest of honor, and now you spoilt it for me. Oh so typical of you intruders. She turned to run away, but one of her stiletto’s pierced my foot, she was going nowhere. I caught her, and her arm went around my shoulder. I helped her up as best I could because...

...it hit me, I must be dreaming....and there it was, reality. I must have dozed off for a bit, and the cold woke me up. Where was I sleeping? Oh yeah, dang it! I’m under a tree waiting for light to see which way I need to go to get out of this mess I’m in. Looking up it looks like I’m sleeping under the walloping willow. I think one of the branches hit me! Brrrr it’s chilly and....

Raining like cats and dogs. Perfect time to head to the coffee shop for some liquid energy and free internet! I get up carefully in case the willow whomps me again, grab my laptop bag from the ground and run to my car. On the way to my car I get stopped by …...

I faint. When I come to, I say "I'd rather teach you, Huge Ackman! But of course I'll help any way I can." I think for a moment then I tell him "We'll need some decent pictures. Any chance you have a camera in your pocket?"  He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a....

brand new Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max. I think to myself this must be my lucky day! "Have you taken photos with your phone Hugh?" "No, I actually just picked it up right before I met you. Do you know anything about taking pictures with this phone?" OMG, here I am with Hugh and a phone...what is a girl to do? So, I try to be as nonchalant as I can when I say "perhaps we should take a selfie together to see how this new phone's camera works." Hugh puts his arm around me and just when he is about to take our picture...

...another whomp hits me. Reality check. I'm dreaming again. I looked around frantically, trying to find out what I can see, but then I remembered I can't see anything!. I turn to the left , I turn to the right, and I had no idea who I was and had never been in this situation before. I panicked! and started running, only to fin I'd run into this horrid wholloping tree - again...

it wasn't the tree branches  I ran into it was the trunk of the tree so I turn around try to run the other way then I see the way out...look someone is waiting for me...who is that???

...the light, where a party is laid out, full of goodies. They reminded me that scrapbooking allows you to step back and see the big picture. Life is good and the bad times don’t last.... at least not for long. They reminded me that if you are not being creative you are not alive. Such words of wisdom made me.....

Well that didn't go in the direction I thought. Fantastic story everyone.

Our winner is ...........

Rose Ann

Congratulations you have won a $5 Gift Certificate, email Angie for your prize.