Friday Anniversary Chatter

15 years of ScrapGirls.  How cool is that?  I know over the years I have made some amazing friends through ScrapGirls.  Right now, I'm sitting with 6 other SG members for a weekend of fun.  This made me think about how well we know the other members. Today we are going to get to know you better.   Share 10 random facts about yourself.  For example: What's your favorite food, color?  Do you love coffee?  Are you an animal lover?  Tell us 10 things about you!

1. My favorite color is pink
  2. I love coffee
  3. My hair is pink
  4. I love dogs
  5. I'm left handed
  6. I'm a cosmetologist by trade but am a sod farmer's wife and can run several pieces of equipment (who knew?)
  7. I love all things pumpkin
  8. I do not like getting dirty
  9. I love hummingbirds
  10. Cheetah print is my favorite pattern (I have even have cheetah boots!)

so fun for you all of you. I’m hoping to make a meetup sometime.

1. I was born at home in South Africa. Early arrival, and ..

2. I’m always early for anything

3. I can tap dance, ballet, disco, and Spanish dancing

4. I love to sing

5. I’m a tv addict, especially British shows, like Downton Abby, or detective / crime shows

6. I’m a Merry Widow of 17 years

7. I’m a Latter-day-Saint (The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

8. I’m always kind and respectful of others.

9. I’m a shoe-a-hollic (18 pairs of boots For eg) I think it’s because it’s my only body part that stays the same size lol

10. I have a great sense of humor.

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:
  2. I love coffee
  3. My hair is pink
  4. I love dogs
  5. I'm left handed
  6. I'm a cosmetologist by trade but am a sod farmer's wife and can run several pieces of equipment (who knew?)
  9. I love hummingbirds

Fun hair color! Love that. I’m currently bald, so waiting and hopin my hair grows bavk, and perhaps I’ll be gray...?

You lucky duck! I guess I'll piggy back your questions- at least some of them!

1. My favorite color is blue
  2. I love my grandchildren!!!!!!!! (there are never enough exclamation points for this one)
  3. My hair is light brown but probably actually gray
  4. I love dogs especially black labs (I have one myself)
  5. I scrap almost every day and average 1 layout per day
  6. I'm retired. I started as a teacher and after having my own kids went back to school and became a financial analyst
  7. I am always on a diet and it's becoming more and more difficult
  8. I  cannot sleep through the night, not ever
  9. I love to watch birds and have 2 feeders up right now. Last year I had more but then we got rats. Imagine looking out the window one day and seeing a bunch of them scurrying around. EEEK!
  10. I love shopping for ephemera at thrift stores. Now I just need to actually use it!

3 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

5. I’m a tv addict, especially British shows, like Downton Abby, or detective / crime shows

Do you have any recs? I'm watching Midsomer Murders but need a change. We just finished Broadchurch- loved that one. I've tried Father Brown. I love the scenery!

3 minutes ago, beatricemi said:

Do you have any recs? I'm watching Midsomer Murders but need a change. We just finished Broadchurch- loved that one. I've tried Father Brown. I love the scenery!

Yes! I’ll make a list. I also love the Australian shows like Offspring. It’s on Hulu and Netflix. Whitechaple is also a good one. Let me go see my list.

1. My favorite color is green.

2. I have two tiny dogs that I take everywhere. 

3.  I bought my two tiny dogs Halloween costumes this year. ? One will be a mini unicorn and the other a mini dinosaur!

4. This is my 28th year teaching.

5. I started scrapping to make a baby book for my daughter when she was born. 

6. My daughter is 13 now. Baby book still not finished. 

7. Had the first floor of my house renovated. It's nothing like on HGTV. It will be finished today, after only 14 months!!! ?

8. My brain thinks best in song lyrics and movie quotes.

9. I love to travel and one day I hope to see all the places I've dreamed of.

10. I try to keep a smile on my face and a song in my heart at all times. It makes life easier. 

1 hour ago, beatricemi said:

Endeavour on Prime. It's about Inspector Morse when he was a young detective. 

6 hours ago, SodScrap said:
  2. I love coffee
  3. My hair is pink
  4. I love dogs
  5. I'm left handed
  9. I love hummingbirds

Ah...now your name makes sense!!!!

3 hours ago, Rose Ann said:

3.  I bought my two tiny dogs Halloween costumes this year. ? One will be a mini unicorn and the other a mini diI nosaur!

7. Had the first floor of my house renovated. It's nothing like on HGTV. It will be finished today, after only 14 months!!! ?

10. I try to keep a smile on my face and a song in my heart at all times. It makes life easier. 

How fun to learn all about you - I hope you take photos to scrap of your renovation.

1.  My favourite colour.... RED  and it has been ever since I was a little girl

2.  I enjoy traveling and my first taste was when I was 17. I did a camping bus trip for 3 weeks which took me into 6 states of Australia. This was all done on my own when I stepped on the bus I knew no one else.

3.  I would love to be able to paint - took water colour lessons once but did not like the flatness of that medium.

4.  Back in 1992 when buying rubber stamps for wedding stationery I got hooked on the craft of rubber stamping and still do a little plus I enjoy doing hybrid cards - no messy colouring in when I use digital embellishments.

5. When I married my Ken, he had a dog but once Tina died we did not replace her. She was a great little dog - still think of her at times. I would dearly love another dog.

6. I am also a bird lover and enjoy photographing the birds that visit our backyard.

7. I enjoy watching movies... romance and mystery... especially some of the older movies like ones starring Audrey Heburn, Cary Grant etc.

8. Each week I attend an exercise class which I enjoy but I am not very good at carrying through and doing exercises at home. I need to lose some weight.

9. This one should not be so far down the list ..... I am a Christian  - invited Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Saviour  in 1981.

10. I do about 30 hours volunteer work each fortnight with my favourite work being in Aged Care.  I have recently completed 7 different studies in Dementia. Most were very short studies.

4 hours ago, Rose Ann said:

3.  I bought my two tiny dogs Halloween costumes this year. ? One will be a mini unicorn and the other a mini diI nosaur!

I laughed outloud at #5 & 6!   SO funny!   Nice to learn about you, Roase Ann.

Jealous here, Conda!  SOMEDAY I will make a meet-up!   And I just returned from Indiana last Saturday!
And, Conda - I want to see the PINK hair please - how cool!   I almost had purple last summer but my hair was so short I thought it would grow out too fast!

OK - here goes, boring me...

1.  My favorite color is PURPLE and has been since I was a little girl.  I miss “The Purple Place!”
 2.  I love all things Pumpkin too (Conda)!
 3.  I have a tattoo.  (often surprises people!)
 4.  I love heat and hate cold.   Currently all bundled up as I’m freezing!   :winter_brr:
 5.  I am left-handed and very strongly so!  (Conda, again!)
 6.  The beach is my favorite place to be.   
 7.   I don’t have a “real” job due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I keep pretty busy anyway.   I’ve learned to manage my energy to survive, though.
 8.   I was a Pre-School and Kindergarten teacher and I LOVE little kids and how they operate.
 9.   I’m very sentimental and have a really hard time getting rid of objects that hold a lot of memory.   I don’t mind giving things away if someone can use or appreciate     them, but it’s very hard to me to “throw” out.
10.  I “hate hair” is my line.  I mean I hate playing/styling/blowdrying - ANYTHING with hair!  I always say if I had the right kind of face, I’d get a buzz! 

Whew, that was hard and I’m sure I’ll be thinking of things I missed all night! 

Hi, this is awesome getting to know each of you a little bit more… That being said here is my list of 10 things about me.
1 - my favorite color is blue
2 - during the height of the AIDS epidemic I was an AIDS buddy
3 - I am extremely family oriented… I am blessed with three brothers, two nephews, two nieces, three grand nephews and one grand niece.
4 - I will be celebrating 40 years of life after my tragic car accident on November 21, 1979. I had seen the light and was sent back by my Nana,           who affectionately told me it wasn't my time You Son of a B***h!
5 - I was recognized by the Department of the Navy and the Department of Defense with the Outstanding Employee with Disabilities Award
6 - I love old movies and in particular, musicals with Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, etc.
7 - I am an avid sports fan… Local teams are the New York Giants (yes, it is another rebuilding year for them), New York Yankees, college football.       I also love Rugby and became a NASCAR fan when my younger brother was a welder for the IROC series and had done some welding for Dale         Earnhardt Sr.
8 - my favorite place is the beach… I am a Jersey girl that always has sand in my shoes!
9 - I am a volunteer for new quadriplegics, paraplegics and their families. I also volunteer at my spouse's Temple by writing their monthly ad.
10 - I love to cook and try out new recipes… I love the recipe swap we do each month!

I laughed at several of these posts!  Great to read about everyone.  What random things should I share?  Hmmmm.

1.  I love cool/cold, crisp weather, as well as rainy cool days.  I really dislike hot weather and bright sun, and I'm not sure why.

2.  I recently retired from the U.S. Air Force after 20 years (and two months, but who's counting), and I'm now working in a part-time job that I enjoy - but it's not as part-time as I thought it would be!

3.  I am a dentist, and I specialized in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology - so that's what I do, look through a microscope and diagnose biopsies and resections from the oral cavity, salivary glands, sinonasal area, etc.  I really enjoy my job!

4.  I have an incredibly strong sense of integrity and fairness.  To the point that I can't be around dishonest or insincere people - and I can pick up on manipulation very quickly.  I refuse to tolerate it.  I just walk away.

5.  I was a music major in college (along with biology); I have a Bachelor of Music in Percussion Performance.  I used to play drum set, 4-mallet marimba, timpani... I don't really play percussion anymore, but I do still play piano occasionally.  This was one thing I wanted to do once I had more time in my part-time job - practice music everyday - but it hasn't happened yet!

6.  I have officially run 3 full marathons (26.2 miles), and several more half marathons.  At the same time, I've never considered myself a "real" runner.  The Air Force forced me to stay in decent shape, but now I need to get with it and start exercising again.  I'd like to start running again, and exercising almost everyday.  It's SO HARD to start, though!  

7.  I lived in northern Japan for 3 years while in the Air Force.  I can't even express what an incredible experience that was for me!

8.  I usually don't wear any makeup, and I wear very little jewelry; a lot of days I forget to even put my earrings in, although I like wearing them.  I just don't have the patience for makeup, it takes too much time to apply!

9.  I have a benign essential tremor, or familial tremor, that I've dealt with since I was about 11.  And yes, I was a general dentist for 4 years before I became a pathologist!  It really didn't affect my dentistry, but I took a beta blocker everyday so that my patients wouldn't notice my tremor.  It's a "fine" tremor, an intention tremor.  I used to get really annoyed by people asking "Are you OK?  You're shaking!  Are you nervous?"  I'm OK with it now that I'm older, it doesn't bother me.

10.  I'm primarily a cat person, but I love animals/pets in general.  I have two daughters, they are 10 and 12; one wanted a puppy, one wanted a kitten, so when we moved 4 months ago we got pets for the first time in my kids' lives (DH isn't much of a pet person). Of course I love the kitty, but I've been surprised at how much I enjoy our new puppy, too!  Although the potty training, oy.  As for DH... he also seems to be enjoying the animals.  Surprise, surprise!  ?

I agree with everyone that this is a fun way to get to know everyone!

1) My kids say I failed them in that I can't teach them how to do make up since I never wear it.  My sister did me up for our wedding and I can count on two hands the number of times I've had make up on since then. That was 25 years ago! Too much time, trouble and money.

2) I'm working my dream job at the Zoo. I love working with the birds and learning new things everyday.

3) It sounds like alot of us here love birds.  Me too. My favorite right now is African Penguins.

4) I really like getting up super early. Most days I'm up at 3:45, some days earlier.

5) Lately I've taken an interest in Bible Journaling. I like the mixed media sort of activity and I find that studying scripture in that manner makes it really stick.

6) I love coffee.  Morning noon or night. You can mess with my dog and my kids, but don't mess with my coffee.

7) I moved to California from Michigan when I was 18 and I was homesick until I was 50. Now that my adult children live with me it's a blessing that I have the time with them that I didn't have with my mom because of the self imposed distance between us.

? I love our dogs. We have a Yellow lab, best dog ever, and Erinn and Pauls two big dogs are with us too.  Best Grand dogs ever. I don't know why the smiley face is at the beginning of this sentence. It's supposed to be an 8! And it won't fix.

9) Chocolate cake is my favorite dessert.  We discovered a local bakery that takes their cutoffs and makes these Grande size cake cups.  They are huge and yummy and only $3.00 each.  The beat Nothing Bundt Cakes by a long shot. It is now my weekly end of the week treat. Maybe middle of the week too.

10) My first trip out of the country ever was two years ago to Cape Town to work with the African Penguins. It was an amazing opportunity. On that trip I met up with Scrap Girl Belle. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to meet her and it was a really fun evening and felt like we'd known each other in real life forever.

This is fun getting to know you all.

1. I 'm originally from the UK and have lived in NZ for 39years
2. I'm retired from nursing due to a leg/back/foot injury but I really don't know how I fitted work in.
3. I've been married for 40years
4. I love travelling and been to many countries except the USA (I tell a lie I have been to California on a stop-over to the UK once.
5. I stopped colouring my hair last year and now completely grey....should have done it sooner.
6. I love being outdoors and used to love going on long walks before my accident.
7. I live near the beach
8. We will be moving next year to about 11/2 hrs north of us.
9. I love cats and have had many over the years but we now have a dog.
10. I'm a christian and love my church.

What fun this is.

1. I love boating and traveling- no secret there.

2. I was in High School when I married and it's been 48 years we have a daughter and son with 3 grandchildren.

3. I have a twin brother and a younger sister.

4. I love Florida winters and summer in CT.

5. Gardening is a favorite hobby but it hard to have all these plants while I'm away for 4 months.

6. I drove a standard till I got my new van last year.

7. We have lived in several states and in Germany.

8.  I managed a fabric store (for 11 years) that specialized in quilt fabrics and  but I have only made one quilt.

9.  I'm not much of a TV watcher but I did enjoy a few series that my husband was watching.

10. I love to prepare for big gathering and parties but dislike having to make everyday meals--boring.

2. We are on our first vacation in almost four years, so I plan to read everyone's 10 things when I have a minute.

3. My kids are more traveled than I am

4. I have 30 nieces and nephews and 10 great nieces and nephews.

5. I love fall for all the pumpkin flavors. Cereal. Ice cream. Lattes....

6. I read and review romance books.

7. History is my jam.

8. My dog is 96 lbs of fluff and loves on everybody.

9. I love to watch Big 10 wrestling with hubby and son.

10. I am a huge homebody.