Sign in to follow this  
Rose Ann

HD Failure Imminent

Whenever my desktop computer starts, it gives me a failure imminent warning. I've run the chkdsk from the menu that pops up when you right-click on the drive name, but it tells me nothing is wrong. I've looked online, but I really don't know whose advice to trust, except here. 

Is there any other diagnostic I can run, or a repair I can do, or should I just replace it and get on with life?

Fortunately, everything is backed up regularly and it hasn't crashed yet. 

Thanks for the help and advice!

Oh NOooooo..  😱  Sorry Rose Ann - that’s a lot worrisome!    I work on a Mac so have ni advice, but I wanted to say I feel your pain!  Lucikly you’re backed up and hopefully some of our tech gurus will show up with an answer.   Good luck.   Fingers crossed here.... 

Rose Ann I had that about 3 years ago. I called Dell with all my info and they diagnosed it as a bad hard drive by the codes it gave.  I had a new hard drive put in my laptop, the data transfered and it is fine. I did just upgrade my laptop this summer  to have more memory and more speed but the hard drive is fine. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Thanks for the advice and empathy! I figured I'd have to replace the HD. I was just hoping.... :)