November 2nd Weekend Challenge

alsoarty

Ansel Easton Adams (February 20, 1902 – April 22, 1984) was a landscape photographer and environmentalist known for his black-and-white images of the  American West. 

He helped found an association of photographers advocating "pure" photography which favored sharp focus and the use of the full tonal range of a photograph. He and Fred Archer developed an exacting system of image-making called the Zone System, a method of achieving a desired final print through a deeply technical understanding of how tonal range is recorded and developed in exposure, negative development, and printing. The resulting clarity and depth of such images characterized his photography

If you can, try switching your camera/phone to black and white. (I often wonder what Ansel would think of this digital age.)

My challenge today is simple. Scrap a black and white photo of a landscape. Post your layouts in the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery, with a link back in this thread to your layout.

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

I love the way your new expanded siggie looks!

Thanks Diane - it was a try - and it worked. I love seeing larger piggies in other galleries, so I thought I'd try it here. I just created 2 side by side and uploaded them individually. You should try it.

I might do a B&W photo shoot later this week when I can get a couple of landscape photos and will return with a page for this challenge.

13 minutes ago, Marie-Christine said:

I've got a new camera, and couldn't get my settings right this morning to shoot B&W photos, now I've got another reason to go out again. Perhaps I should read the manual first before  use it :) I'm trying editing a photo in RAW, see what happens...

I bought the Canon Powershot SX540HS.

Oh how fun. That’s a nice little camera. I’m excited to see your photos :)

I didn't take this photo, but my dad did back in the 1960s. He used to drive into the countryside snapping shots of trees, barns, abandoned sites. This is a scan of an 11x14 pic he developed in the darkroom in our basement. It wouldn't all fit on my scanner, but this is the core of the image. Here is Rural Illinois.

9 hours ago, Celestine said:

I have to say, this is one of the prettiest collection of layouts for a challenge I've seen since I started getting active on the forum last spring. The photos are stunning, and so are the LOs. Thanks, Andrea, for setting this up. It was a winner!

You are so welcome. It’s good to get positive feedback, and yes, it’s a great challenge, and a great response.

On 11/2/2019 at 11:57 AM, alsoarty said:

Ansel Easton Adams (February 20, 1902 – April 22, 1984) was a landscape photographer and environmentalist known for his black-and-white images of the  American West. 

He helped found an association of photographers advocating "pure" photography which favored sharp focus and the use of the full tonal range of a photograph. He and Fred Archer developed an exacting system of image-making called the Zone System, a method of achieving a desired final print through a deeply technical understanding of how tonal range is recorded and developed in exposure, negative development, and printing. The resulting clarity and depth of such images characterized his photography

If you can, try switching your camera/phone to black and white. (I often wonder what Ansel would think of this digital age.)

My challenge today is simple. Scrap a black and white photo of a landscape. Post your layouts in the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery, with a link back in this thread to your layout.

Andrea, this was a great challenge and thanks for all the interesting info!  I love Ansel Adams, but I learned a lot here.  

Here’s mine -

IN Road

On our way home from shopping on Wednesday I took some scenery photos. I only have a small Canon camera which I changed the setting to Program then Black and White but I forgot to also alter it to scenery so my black and white is not as clear as I would have liked it to be. I also changed the camera back to Automatic to take the exact same scene in colour.    Farmlands